Rate my charging/storage setup.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jammer339

Reaction score
Hobby mate lipo bags inside an ammo box , with a concrete slab inside the bottom and fire retardant grommets for the cable through.

20230211_101425.jpg

20230211_102416.jpg

20230211_110520.jpg

IMG-20230211-WA0002.jpeg

20230211_105622.jpg

20230211_133855.jpg

20230211_105612.jpg

20230211_134350.jpg

20230211_103125.jpg

20230211_140413.jpg

That's actually a very nice set up. Looks like you have small children in the house. Best to be safe. So do you charge in the house or move the whole can outside also? Also, are your socks flame retardant? On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give you a 12 (y)

Last edited:
That's actually a very nice set up. Looks like you have small children in the house. Best to be safe. So do you charge in the house or move the whole can outside also? Also, are your socks flame retardant? On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give you a 12 (y)
Once I have an outside plug installed then I will be charging outside, for now it will be monitored inside. The stripes really help flame reduction on the socks lol.

Looks like a safe approach! The only thing I could suggest is that those bat safe boxes, although not super cheap, probably aren't any more expensive than your 3 lipo bags and ammo can. Ooops.... I just googled and they are more than I remember or have gone up... like $80. But they offer the one thing might be a negative about your setup. When charging unattended in my garage in one of those boxes, I setup my phone to alarm every 10 minutes to remind me to just step out quick, look at the charger numbers and pop the box open quick to feel the batteries aren't warming. I think the degree of safety added by doing that is immeasurable and it would be hard with your nested bag setup. I am always parallel charging which carries a little additional risk though, and I don't want a pair of 6S 5k's going off even in my garage. Looks like you're being really safe though.
Good work! Where can I find an ammo box that big?

And what the hell are they shooting that the box only holds 48 rounds!

Looks like a safe approach! The only thing I could suggest is that those bat safe boxes, although not super cheap, probably aren't any more expensive than your 3 lipo bags and ammo can. Ooops.... I just googled and they are more than I remember or have gone up... like $80. But they offer the one thing might be a negative about your setup. When charging unattended in my garage in one of those boxes, I setup my phone to alarm every 10 minutes to remind me to just step out quick, look at the charger numbers and pop the box open quick to feel the batteries aren't warming. I think the degree of safety added by doing that is immeasurable and it would be hard with your nested bag setup. I am always parallel charging which carries a little additional risk though, and I don't want a pair of 6S 5k's going off even in my garage. Looks like you're being really safe though.

I was going to get the bat safe but , it is quite expensive and wasn't as big as this setup I now have. I think with the double safety of the bag , box and concrete combo if the batteries were going to warm and ignite , then I'm certain the fire would be contained and I'd just let it burn . Obviously I'll still be monitoring it , so if it does ignite I can just grab the handles and chuck the box outside.

I was going to get the bat safe but , it is quite expensive and wasn't as big as this setup I now have. I think with the double safety of the bag , box and concrete combo if the batteries were going to warm and ignite , then I'm certain the fire would be contained and I'd just let it burn . Obviously I'll still be monitoring it , so if it does ignite I can just grab the handles and chuck the box outside.
And keep it away from the walls. If you watch big batteries go up on YouTube - when they get big enough to not be contained, what happens is fire shoots out sideways from under the cover.

I like it. The ammo can is British 37mm projectile and getting one in the US is very expensive.
1676132725191.png

I'm still looking for an old BBQ that's not completely disgusting and not $80.

It's 37mm round and I couldn't find that exact round, but could be something like an anti aircraft round. So I'm going they are shooting planes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back