Stretch typhon 6s /gt conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She was nice and cool very happy with this motor, does alot better than the 1100kv but then again it's pushing a outcast 8s so yeah. Also I heard you suppose to charge the srd smd lipos differently like only charging at 1 to 3 c but ibdont know what thats means an you help please
The shortest way to describe it is that if the battery is 5,000 mAh then set the charger to 5 amps.
If it was 6,500 mAh, then set it to 6.5 amps.

If you charge at higher amperage than that ratio then it will run shorter and longer-term "might" shorten the life of the lipo.

The shortest way to describe it is that if the battery is 5,000 mAh then set the charger to 5 amps.
If it was 6,500 mAh, then set it to 6.5 amps.

If you charge at higher amperage than that ratio then it will run shorter and longer-term "might" shorten the life of the lipo.
Ok thanks a bunch man really appreciate any and all tips advice and any wisdom you or anyone care to drop. I assumed there may have been a special way they did the speed run lipos or something but the way you described is how I charge all my lipos to prevent any damage and extend there life as long as possible these things are way to expensive to be mistreating them

Well I let my eagerness get the best of me. I wanted to hurry up and use my GPS on my new build and went out when it was to dark to be driving especially for a noob like me. Nothing bad but could have been alot worse. Ran off the road threw a battery and nicked the wire pretty good but no other damage I can see.
20230210_181156.jpg
got to use my new infraction if only for a few minutes and its nite and day from my build. Handles like a dream and rides smooth as butter .I got alot to learn about speed running and handling it before im making any real runs. I think my steering servo maybe out of my league just the slightest movement sends it darting left of right.the response on my infraction is nice n slow but in a gud way.

Well I let my eagerness get the best of me. I wanted to hurry up and use my GPS on my new build and went out when it was to dark to be driving especially for a noob like me. Nothing bad but could have been alot worse. Ran off the road threw a battery and nicked the wire pretty good but no other damage I can see.View attachment 277229got to use my new infraction if only for a few minutes and its nite and day from my build. Handles like a dream and rides smooth as butter .

That was a Close one..
Could have lite up your rig by just half an inch!!

I got alot to learn about speed running and handling it before im making any real runs. I think my steering servo maybe out of my league just the slightest movement sends it darting left of right.the response on my infraction is nice n slow but in a gud way.

You should turn down your Steering Dual Rate knob.. That will help.

Last edited:
Well I let my eagerness get the best of me. I wanted to hurry up and use my GPS on my new build and went out when it was to dark to be driving especially for a noob like me. Nothing bad but could have been alot worse. Ran off the road threw a battery and nicked the wire pretty good but no other damage I can see.View attachment 277229got to use my new infraction if only for a few minutes and its nite and day from my build. Handles like a dream and rides smooth as butter .I got alot to learn about speed running and handling it before im making any real runs. I think my steering servo maybe out of my league just the slightest movement sends it darting left of right.the response on my infraction is nice n slow but in a gud way.
I'm sure there is a setting on your radio to slow the steering down. Have a look through your manual and learn what the settings do. I wish I could have seen you driving it for the first 2 times. I bet it was hilarious. :cool: (y)

How'd you break the diff? Too much trigger pull?
I was setting the functions on the remote up to slow down the steering and acceleration and went to do the gyro mix and when I turned it on the car went wide open blowed off 2 tires and broke the diff. Lol go figure, should have stuck with the dumbo rc dependable and simple

I was setting the functions on the remote up to slow down the steering and acceleration and went to do the gyro mix and when I turned it on the car went wide open blowed off 2 tires and broke the diff. Lol go figure, should have stuck with the dumbo rc dependable and simple
Your having a rough go with it but stuff happens, when your tuning the esc or messing around with trim and such, it would be a good idea to use the lowest voltage lipo you have. Like 2 or 3s.
Also when you start making passes and tuning the suspension to make it go straight. Use lower volts. You can go 100+mph on just 3s if you get the car sorted out good and geared properly. 👍

Your having a rough go with it but stuff happens, when your tuning the esc or messing around with trim and such, it would be a good idea to use the lowest voltage lipo you have. Like 2 or 3s.
Also when you start making passes and tuning the suspension to make it go straight. Use lower volts. You can go 100+mph on just 3s if you get the car sorted out good and geared properly. 👍
Thanks for the advice, I just got a couple of 3s in today so I'm gonna try that. And yeah it's been a pretty deep learning curve lol but I knew it was gonna be like that I have 0 idea what I'm doin buy im having fun. I just bought and 8s outcast and 2 or 3 weeks later I started this build it just looked so fun watching others build and raced them I couldn't help myself. It just blew my mind what people where doing and the speeds they were running I just had to try. Plus I knew people here were super friendly and helpful so I knew I had sum friends to count on to help me along the way

Thanks for the advice, I just got a couple of 3s in today so I'm gonna try that. And yeah it's been a pretty deep learning curve lol but I knew it was gonna be like that I have 0 idea what I'm doin buy im having fun. I just bought and 8s outcast and 2 or 3 weeks later I started this build it just looked so fun watching others build and raced them I couldn't help myself. It just blew my mind what people where doing and the speeds they were running I just had to try. Plus I knew people here were super friendly and helpful so I knew I had sum friends to count on to help me along the way
I can definitely relate man. I learned more about speedrunning on 3s in 2 weeks than I did in 2months running 6s. Since you got 3s packs on the way, I'd start with those and just try to beak 100 first then maybe get to 110 or so before moving up. That's basically what I did and I'm very grateful for the people on here that told me that was the best way to learn. I wish you luck brother and look forward to seeing your progress. 100mph crashes are bad, but 150mph crashes are catastrophic. Work up to it.

I can definitely relate man. I learned more about speedrunning on 3s in 2 weeks than I did in 2months running 6s. Since you got 3s packs on the way, I'd start with those and just try to beak 100 first then maybe get to 110 or so before moving up. That's basically what I did and I'm very grateful for the people on here that told me that was the best way to learn. I wish you luck brother and look forward to seeing your progress. 100mph crashes are bad, but 150mph crashes are catastrophic. Work up to it.
Seems i got my 3s lipo to late lol story of my life. But I just bought an infraction so I can't use it to learn with. Start with 3s then when I'm comfortable move to 6s and later pop in the speed gear 🤘👊

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back