Stripped my FireTeam Pinion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goofy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Granite
Appears the grub sheared off and my clip is now POW-MIA. I'm not sure what I should do; order a tekno or RR pinion or use the 15t that came with it.
PXL_20230201_175300362.jpg

I have 2 fans cooling the motor which I believe should be sufficient for the higher tooth count? Alternatively, is there concern with using something like a Tekno or RR because they don't have the D shape?

I have been very happy switching to Tekno pinions. The 5mm grub screw has made a huge difference in how often a pinion gear comes loose.

Appears the grub sheared off and my clip is now POW-MIA. I'm not sure what I should do; order a tekno or RR pinion or use the 15t that came with it.
View attachment 274704

I have 2 fans cooling the motor which I believe should be sufficient for the higher tooth count? Alternatively, is there concern with using something like a Tekno or RR because they don't have the D shape?

I had my pinion come off on my Kraton EXB, and one user told me to get flatter set/grub screw to have more contact below. These have worked and been good for me not to back out. A lot of heat the motor makes on the pinion the threadlocker is going to come free....with these I have more contact and more threadlocker.

Find the size you need
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0828F5F1T/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

I have been very happy switching to Tekno pinions. The 5mm grub screw has made a huge difference in how often a pinion gear comes loose.
really wish those 5mm grubs were the standard!

I had my pinion come off on my Kraton EXB, and one user told me to get flatter set/grub screw to have more contact below. These have worked and been good for me not to back out. A lot of heat the motor makes on the pinion the threadlocker is going to come free....with these I have more contact and more threadlocker.

Find the size you need
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0828F5F1T/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1
I've heard orange loctite is the go-to for the pinion grub?

They really should be. Combined with some orange loctite they haven’t come off for me yet.
I just recently started using the orange and I'm loving it!

Find the size you need
Nice, glad they are workin’ for you. I’m still having good luck with them myself. Especially when paired with 243 blue loctite. Just make sure to clean both threads with brake cleaner or alcohol.
u guys r killing me, I just got this from amazon today.....

View attachment 274745
You’re good with that bud. It’s more oil resistant than 242. Worked well for me for years. Just clean both threads good with break cleaner and alcohol. Let it cure at least 24 hours, preferably in a dry environment.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back