Typhon Suggestions to keep Typhon 3s chassis intact.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny b

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
  2. Typhon 3s
Who am I kidding? I know I'll continue to abuse this off the ramp. Would prefer not to snap another chassis clean in half. Suggestions? Oil up chassis to make it more flexible, install chassis brace or am I over thinking the whole thing. Chassis is only 12 bucks shipped but don't like being down and does take a little time swapping out chassis's. Suggestions welcomed! Thanks!

Who am I kidding? I know I'll continue to abuse this off the ramp. Would prefer not to snap another chassis clean in half. Suggestions? Oil up chassis to make it more flexible, install chassis brace or am I over thinking the whole thing. Chassis is only 12 bucks shipped but don't like being down and does take a little time swapping out chassis's. Suggestions welcomed! Thanks!
Maybe get a m2c bash bar thing?

Pretty hefty on the ole wallet tho.

Yikes, how are you snapping that chassis??? I've landed my big rock on the metal edge of a skate park ramp multiple times from 15ft in the air, square in the middle of the chassis with no issues. The chassis is cracked where the motor has bashed into it from hard landing, but it's still keep going strong. Where is it breaking for you and what are you doing to it?????
ford raptor GIF

Buy a 6s Typhon! 😂
Can't go down that rabbit hole.:LOL:
What kind of surface are you landing on out of curiosity? I thought those things were pretty tough.
Grass...I don't ever run on pavement.
Yikes, how are you snapping that chassis??? I've landed my big rock on the metal edge of a skate park ramp multiple times from 15ft in the air, square in the middle of the chassis with no issues. The chassis is cracked where the motor has bashed into it from hard landing, but it's still keep going strong. Where is it breaking for you and what are you doing to it?????
ford raptor GIF
Run on a grass field. Here's my ramp.

IMG_20230505_144318557_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230505_122804224.jpg

IMG_20230505_145701448_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230525_144944148_HDR.jpg

Now it has taken ALOT of jumps off my ramp. This is the first time I broke anything off the ramp between both typhons.
It really was a spectacular jump. When it landed, the back end slammed down on top of the front end and looked like a miniature Typhon. The motor wire connections were the only thing holding the two halves together.I d kill to have that on video. :LOL:

Last edited:

View attachment 302997

View attachment 302998

View attachment 302999

View attachment 303000
Now it has taken ALOT of jumps off my ramp. This is the first time I broke anything off the ramp between both typhons.
Well, now I see what your problem is! It’s clearly caused by running a much higher quality LiPo than is recommended. Those 3s rigs are designed to only run Zeee, Hoovo, or Spektrum packs.

View attachment 302997

View attachment 302998

View attachment 302999

View attachment 303000
It really was a spectacular jump. When it landed, the back end slammed down on top of the front end and looked like a miniature Typhon. The motor wire connections were the only thing holding the two halves together.I d kill to have that on video. :LOL:
Just on grass? I jump my senton off a way bigger ramp onto hard compact dirt and haven’t broken anything yet…

Yeah that's really surprising, people send those things like 40 feet in the air onto packed dirt and they're fine. Shock oil maybe?

What's funny is the rest of the Typhon was unscathed other than taking a hunk out of the front slipper shaft. That smc is the smallest and lightest pack I have. The others are 6900 and 7200 mah. Could of been worse.

What kind of surface are you landing on out of curiosity? I thought those things were pretty tough.
Not the 4x4 chassis's. The longer ones are even more susceptible to cracking/ sitting. Since they are cheap and no Ugrade brands exist, most just swap them out as needed and just deal with it.
But its just time consuming to swap out these chassis on a regular frequent basis. No RC platform worth its grain of salt should go through this often. A PIA. If you are sending your 3s Typhon and eating chassis regularly, Then either you are driving poorly or you need a 6s Typhon. No getting around this.
If a 6s Typhon is not an option, then just deal with the 3s Typhon.
And stop pushing it beyond its limits of durability. Only you know what those limits are. We all drive differently.
Yeah that's really surprising, people send those things like 40 feet in the air onto packed dirt and they're fine. Shock oil maybe?
Trust me, they are breaking them. Chassis slap alone even with a perfect landing gets the best of them, with very High BIg Air.
Plastic Chassis' have their limits. Is what it is. Some use a metal chassis Spine. But makes it heavier. That can also work against you as well. Shocks will get trashed, Broken arms, etc. And still the Hinge Pins still will rip out and break the Chassis as well.

Last edited:
What's funny is the rest of the Typhon was unscathed other than taking a hunk out of the front slipper shaft. That smc is the smallest and lightest pack I have. The others are 6900 and 7200 mah. Could of been worse.
Yeah I'm wondering if maybe it was a fluke, just bad luck. The chassis is normally one of the best parts about the 3s trucks IMO. Is this the first chassis this has happened to?

Not the 4x4 chassis's. The longer ones are even more susceptible to cracking/ sitting. Since they are cheap and no Ugrade brands exist, most just swap them out as needed and just deal with it.
But its just time consuming to swap out these chassis on a regular frequent basis. No RC platform worth its grain of salt should go through this often. A PIA. If you are sending your 3s Typhon and eating chassis regularly, Then either you are driving poorly or you need a 6s Typhin. No getting around this.
If a 6s Typhon is not an option, then just deal with the 3s Typhon.
And stop pushing it beyond its limits of durability. Only you know what those limits are. We all drive differently.

Trust me, they are breaking them. Chassis slap gets the best of them, with very high BIg air.
I know it's limits, I just don't care and am having fun. :LOL: I've jumped it hundreds of times off this ramp and this last time I really wound up. Nature of the beast. This is why I bought a 3s rig. Coming from 5th scale, my expenses are now pennies on the dollar respectively. Most of the jumps land well. It was bound to happen eventually. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Have to land those sucker's flat.. they snap real easy if you whack the throttle just before you land.. if it's in rotation before it hits the force applied is substantial..

Did you have any recent oh sh"! Moments where you whacked the throttle to avoid a nose dive?

Yeah I'm wondering if maybe it was a fluke, just bad luck. The chassis is normally one of the best parts about the 3s trucks IMO. Is this the first chassis this has happened to?
Yes ...first and only so far. It was such a clean break also. No splintered parts. Maybe I'll jb weld it!:LOL:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back