Kraton Super Tight Motor Mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Decided to do a rip down my back lane with the Kraton 6S V5 and I noticed clicking on hard acceleration and breaking. I’m still quite inexperienced with RC’s but checked the gear mesh and noticed their was more play then I’d like.

When I tried to readjust the mesh there was no give between the motor mount and motor plate. The only way I knew how to get it out was to remove the motor with the motor mount. Once I was able to get the two apart it was apparent with the problem was.

IMG_2410.jpeg
IMG_2411.jpeg

I’ve done this before without any issue. I’m not sure how or why this happened now. As you can see now by the pics theirs been a lot of friction between the motor mount and motor mount plate. I was able to get it back together and get the gear mesh set. Doing so I could tell that sliding the mount and plate would continue to be a problem.

What’s my options to get this fixed?

Clean up that area a bit more.. with fine sandpaper, just enough to smooth it out some. Then apply a thin layer of silicone grease.

Clean up that area a bit more.. with fine sandpaper, just enough to smooth it out some. Then apply a thin layer of silicone grease.
Thanks, sounds easy enough. I’ll try it next time I have it apart, any idea what would cause this? Or is this something I could expect in my new found hobby?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back