Kraton Suspension setup on 1/5 exb rtr Kraton?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cazrack

Reaction score
Did some suspension testing, out of the box on uncut bumpy grass and asphalt, it seems to be very soft and probably slam the chassi on every jump.
Think I will twist front 40% down och rear to 60% down.
If you turn it down front 80% and rear 100% it doesn't stay as planted versus out of the box which was something like 10% front and 20% rear.

Curious how you run it or want it?

Shock spring Preload should always be checked out the box. Factory does a bad job anyway. Most any of their models. Lipo size/capacity/ weight contributes to this final ultimate shock preload setting, so Arrmas initial factory shock settings are only a rough setting anyway. Initial factory preload simply cannot address what actual weight Lipos we will be running. Shock Droop also matters and works hand in hand with this. Just you will need to Add Droop screws onto the 4 Arms. (2 per Arm) I guess Arrma was too cheap to install them. Even to this day with the latest current 1/5 revisions. These adjustments are rather subjective as well. We all have different expectations and drive differently. FWIW Chassis slap is not such a bad thing. Trying to remove/ prevent from happening is fruitless. It's ok for the chassis to get all scratched up. Chassis slap is there by design. Prevents the arms and shocks from major damage.

Last edited:
Ive had to top off every shock with fluid in my 1/5 scales. Topping off the shock fluid is fairly quick and easy. I did feel like it made a difference. 🤷👍

You can tell when a shock is underfilled, it makes a squishing air noise when you compress them. Easier to see and hear when removed and the springs are taken off. Overfilled shocks can be deceiving. Because you need to see the rebound strokes are equal, both the left and right side. Overfilled shocks can blow out oil past the seals as well. Overfilled causes Hydraulic lock/ pressure....Appearing as a leaking shock. Not always a leak. Fill and bleed them properly and then determine if it simply a leaker with bad or damaged seals. ( o-rings)

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back