Kraton Batteries for Kraton 1/5 exb rtr

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cazrack

Reaction score
So I did a first run with my stock Kraton on asphalt and uncut grass with 4s batteries that ive used in a xmaxx.
This thing is a beast and it was just a matter of time before ESC cut power on grass, I guess the batteries arent up to it.
After a short while with limited power the car stops and after some seconds you can go full power blast again until the same thing happens.

Anyone have experience what kind of 4s batteries you should avoid and what kind of batteries works good and should be bought?

thanks.

When the ESC detects a low battery, it cuts power and will not start working again after a little time passes. Assuming you haven’t touched the power button.

It sounds to me like your ESC is overheating rather than it being a battery issue.

Make sure your ESC fan still works and maybe think about upgrading the fan. Using higher voltage (6S battery) and smaller pinion would also run cooler.

I am sure it is no ESC overheating issue, if you limit throttle on the Remote to 50% it never happens, (75% also seem fine, need to test more).

But at 100% it cuts power on grass and can do so on asfalt as well.

I’ll look for solid batteries, I have 2 these on my fireteam and they work great everywhere

https://www.kullagergrossisten.se/p...-ec5-kontakt-gens-ace?referer=google-shopping
Those gens basher lipo are pretty good and much better than cheapo lipos.

I tried the new batteries and had no power cut and awesome performance so I can highly recommend these batteries.

All cells (are/charge the same) (discharge the same) and resistance is 1 on all cells.

Later I will change to included speed pinion but top speed is actually sufficient for me.

IMG_9908.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back