SVG to STL help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrashBoom

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite Grom
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Mojave
  6. Mojave 4s
  7. Notorious
  8. Outcast 8s
So I want to print a sign with raised lettering and a raised silhouette image, where the raised part is white and the "background" is brown.

I have an SVG file created where the first layer is the background, a rectangle with rounded corners, and the second layer has the stuff I want raised.

Trying to figure out how I turn this into a model. I'm just looking for some general guidance, do I have to do something like import each object into Fusion 360 and stack them appropriately? It's possible this is crazy talk, I'm new to this.

So I want to print a sign with raised lettering and a raised silhouette image, where the raised part is white and the "background" is brown.

I have an SVG file created where the first layer is the background, a rectangle with rounded corners, and the second layer has the stuff I want raised.

Trying to figure out how I turn this into a model. I'm just looking for some general guidance, do I have to do something like import each object into Fusion 360 and stack them appropriately? It's possible this is crazy talk, I'm new to this.
If you can send me the file I can help and let you know how I did it. PM me if you need to.

Turned out pretty good!

Few tweaks I want to make, you can kind of see the infill structure behind the top face, can I minimize that with more top layers? Second, in the 2nd photo I circled an area where there's little dimples of plastic that have kind of wispy ends. It almost looks like plastic got stuck to the nozzle and pulled away or something. What would cause that? There are more of those across the face.

I printed PETG @ 250c with 80c bed, no fans, fully enclosed @ 220mm. Chamber temp was ~36c. Infill 20%.

sign.png

closeup.png

Turned out pretty good!

Few tweaks I want to make, you can kind of see the infill structure behind the top face, can I minimize that with more top layers? Second, in the 2nd photo I circled an area where there's little dimples of plastic that have kind of wispy ends. It almost looks like plastic got stuck to the nozzle and pulled away or something. What would cause that? There are more of those across the face.

I printed PETG @ 250c with 80c bed, no fans, fully enclosed @ 220mm. Chamber temp was ~36c. Infill 20%.

View attachment 347617

View attachment 347618
Look really good (y) (y)

Questions-
1. What brand of PETG
2. Which Printer
3. How many Top layers are you using

K1 Max and Geeetech filament. Number of top layers is 4.

For the little rough patches that pop up, I found some info that suggests I might need to lower the temp a few degrees or slow it down a bit?

K1 Max and Geeetech filament. Number of top layers is 4.

For the little rough patches that pop up, I found some info that suggests I might need to lower the temp a few degrees or slow it down a bit?

For that PETG, I would recommend go down to-

235° nozzle
60° Bed
Set parts cooling fan on, @ 50%

Your speed should be okay, since it's a CoreXY and it's Not "fanning" your part as it's printing like a bed slinger would ..

Top layers = 5 ,
OR Go less layers to 3 and turn on ironing. (That will for sure get rid of All those top surface imperfections you're seeing. But will add a bit more time to your printing.)

Last edited:
For that PETG, I would recommend go down to-

235° nozzle
60° Bed
Set parts cooling fan on, @ 50%

Your speed should be okay, since it's a CoreXY and it's Not "fanning" your part as it's printing like a bed slinger would ..

Top layers = 5 ,
OR Go less layers to 3 and turn on ironing. (That will for sure get rid of All those top surface imperfections you're seeing. But will add a bit more time to your printing.)

Thanks, I will try these settings!

Back