Granite Swapping to stick controller for Voltage???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaymer

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
So, my girls love their Voltage.... But, I'm old school and don't like the pistol and wheel controller. I'm left handed and I always used the sticks. Is it possible to swap out the controller for a stick controller? Any recommendations?
I still gotta buy servos and...???? Been 30 years since I used a legit RC car. They used to have 2 servos and connection bars. I assume it's just one sevo for everything now.

Anyway, if somebody could just say, "Just buy this and this for $48 old man" that would be great.

Thanks. Happy Holidays to all.

So, my girls love their Voltage.... But, I'm old school and don't like the pistol and wheel controller. I'm left handed and I always used the sticks. Is it possible to swap out the controller for a stick controller? Any recommendations?
I still gotta buy servos and...???? Been 30 years since I used a legit RC car. They used to have 2 servos and connection bars. I assume it's just one sevo for everything now.

Anyway, if somebody could just say, "Just buy this and this for $48 old man" that would be great.

Thanks. Happy Holidays to all.

Yes it is possible, not too familiar with stick radios so hopefully someone with more experience will chime in, however I do believe that the Voltage uses a combo esc/rx unit so you will need to buy a new radio system and a brushed ESC. I would go with a Hobbywing WP1060. There is just a steering servo now throttle is handled by the electronic speed control.

Get a lefty wheel radio or practice, practice in my opinion. There are radio systems that will allow for the wheel to be migrated to the opposite side but there won't be one for $48 I don't think.
I have a few radios FrSky / Taranis that are sticks but are best for drone, heli, plane flying and can't imagine trying to drive surface fast and agile with them. It takes some practice but just as it took with twin sticks, you'll get it and it'll come to be natural over short time. Just muscle memory that needs retraining. Best part is you won't lose your stick confidence ...just gain new skills.
Good luck and hope you find soon what works out for you best ?

Masami was one of those w stick transmitter.

Any air transmitter will do, a DX6 is more than enough or a entry level Tactic.

Its fine to use a airplane transmitter on a rc car, but a surface cannot be used to fly an airplane. No license is needed or AMA membership. You should look into rc crawler forums, they do this all the time for better control at such slow speeds they go between rocks.

RC Crawler forums has a spring return mod thread for the DX6.

Attachments

• masami-hirosaka-76a9ec00-9b46-49e6-a940-baeb46c2a85-resize-750.jpeg
    masami-hirosaka-76a9ec00-9b46-49e6-a940-baeb46c2a85-resize-750.jpeg
    30.7 KB · Views: 52
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back