Sway bar upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those composite link balls suck. Been there. Especially if you overtighten the set screw. Easy to do. Then they split apart.
Steel is best.
Arrma was using metal years back as stock, then went to composite plastic to save a few coins. IMHO.

Now steel ones became an option part.:cry:

When mine break, I use these:

https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR330216

Hope this is what you mean.

Let me know.:cool:

Those composite link balls suck. Been there. Especially if you overtighten the set screw. Easy to do. Then they split apart.
Steel is best.
Arrma was using metal years back as stock, then went to composite plastic to save a few coins. IMHO.

Now steel ones became an option part.:cry:

When mine break, I use these:

https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR330216

Hope this is what you mean.

Let me know.:cool:
I appreciate the help. I just used the Mojave for the first time today. Man, this thing is nuts. It was a lot muddier than I thought, gotta let it dry before I wipe it out. Do these just replace the link? Do they fit in the stock pockets?

They are the exact replacenment. Like I stated above, they were the original ball used with V1- V3 6s rigs for the most part. It is plug and play.

I have gotten a few broken plastic ones new out the box. Many overlook this little part. Overtighten the grub screw and they just split. A bad crash bricks them fast. Replace all of them. I replace them when they break. If one breaks I just replace all 4 of them on the rig. And don't look back. I have many 6s rigs here. I keep spare steel ones for this reason. My On road Lim and Infr. plastic ones haven't broken yet, for example. Plastic is lighter also. FWIW.
But when they break I will swap all out to steel ones. Most all other brand rigs always use steel ones. Some even use alloy. Best IMHO. Lighter. For bashing weight is not an issue with these small parts.
Sway bars take alot of stress, more than many think. A critical small part this is.
They went to composite plastic to save money. And made the standard steel ones an option part.

Last edited:
They are the exact replacenment. Like I stated above, they were the original ball used with V1- V3 6s rigs for the most part. It is plug and play.

I have gotten a few broken plastic ones new out the box. Many overlook this little part. Overtighten the grub screw and they just split. A bad crash bricks them fast. Replace all of them. I replace them when they break. If one breaks I just replace all 4 of them on the rig. And don't look back. I have many 6s rigs here. I keep spare steel ones for this reason. My On road Lim and Infr. plastic ones haven't broken yet, for example. Plastic is lighter also. FWIW.
But when they break I will swap all out to steel ones. Most all other brand rigs always use steel ones. Some even use alloy. Best IMHO. Lighter. For bashing weight is not an issue with these small parts.
Sway bars take alot of stress, more than many think. A critical small part this is.
They went to composite plastic to save money. And made the standard steel ones an option part.
Awesome. They’ll be here Tuesday…lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back