Trying to find a Anti-Sway bar for a KRATON ... kinda odd ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Kid

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
I am building a KRATON from the ground up using take off parts, no garbage just parts my son has upgraded or changed out on his build.
* So far I'm here ( picture ) and stumped as to the WIDER "REAR" bar as all IPL's show them as both the same ?

I purchased quite a few NEW take off parts off e-bay that has been instrumental in getting closer to a complete build .... The rear lower A-arms are from an early gen Kraton if that helps ?
Measuring Sway link to link pockets / screws on A-arms .... The front is @ 4 1/4" And the Rear needs to be @ 5 1/2"

ANY help on the correct width "REAR" Anti-Sway part number ?

thumbnail.jpg

Last edited:
They should be the same unless your using parts from an v5 and v3 mixed ( which it appears you are) them they would be different but they really arnt needed unless you’re competitively racing it I personally don’t run them and Im nitt picky about performance

They should be the same unless your using parts from an v5 and v3 mixed ( which it appears you are) them they would be different but they really arnt needed unless you’re competitively racing it I personally don’t run them and Im nitt picky about performance
It is indeed a "bastard child of mixed parts.
Belly pan an early, Diffs open, A-arms early ... all the rest is adapted G5 or EXB take off's.
Outside needing 5 screw holes with countersink on bottom for the battery tray, it has gone very smoothly so far.

Those are the best builds and the ones u most enjoy when starting to run it,my first K6 XL build is like a child for me even i have different K6 and the new one,that one is just special

I am building a KRATON from the ground up using take off parts, no garbage just parts my son has upgraded or changed out on his build.
* So far I'm here ( picture ) and stumped as to the WIDER "REAR" bar as all IPL's show them as both the same ?

I purchased quite a few NEW take off parts off e-bay that has been instrumental in getting closer to a complete build .... The rear lower A-arms are from an early gen Kraton if that helps ?
Measuring Torsion link to link pockets / screws on A-arms .... The front is @ 4 1/4" And the Rear needs to be @ 5 1/2"

ANY help on the correct width "REAR" Torsion bar part number ?

View attachment 351380
They aren’t torsion bars. Torsion bars are tubular splined “springs” for cars without coil springs.
Are you looking for the proper length of the rear upper camber links or the drive shafts?

Lol Guys ... at 65 and an R/c'er for 50+ of those years, brain fart time :sneaky:
YES ANTI-SWAY Bar for the rear .... being wider than the front.

Thanks for bearing with me (y)

As a side note to show I'm not a nube :LOL:
What the inside of my Typhon looks like .....
View attachment 351433
Anytime.

It happens to the best of us and...we don't mind
1709139819597.png
with you. It's how we do.

Lol Guys ... at 65 and an R/c'er for 50+ of those years, brain fart time :sneaky:
YES ANTI-SWAY Bar for the rear .... being wider than the front.

Thanks for bearing with me (y)

As a side note to show I'm not a nube :LOL:
What the inside of my Typhon looks like .....
View attachment 351433
Looking good. :)

I took GIF response as sarcastic and non productive to my inquire.
lol...I was just being friendly cuz that's how I do. This is an RC forum and not an inquiry board of the American Medical Association. Relax duder.

The rear sway bar should be part. nr. AR330200.

Today I dismantled and tossed away most of my 25+ year old kyosho MP-6 .... hell of a thing there is a WIDE and narrow heavy duty anti sway bar there with metal balls and fitting links. Tad bit of length trim on the rear and we're good to go ;)
We're getting closer ....

View attachment 351601
Just a heads up from a died-in-the-wool spelling Nazi...in your signature it says "mechanical devise". I think what you meant to write was device. Devise has to do with planning (i.e. "He devised a plan to rid New Zealand of its invasive rabbit population...but it failed catastrophically"). Just sayin'. :)

Back