Mojave SWB Mojave Build?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StephenSchandelmayer

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Mojave 4s
  3. Outcast 4s
  4. Typhon 6s
Hey fellas, I'm pretty sure I have seen a few people posts builds of SWB chassis with Mojave suspension. I'm interested in building one and I'm curious to hear some opinions if anyone has one

Hey fellas, I'm pretty sure I have seen a few people posts builds of SWB chassis with Mojave suspension. I'm interested in building one and I'm curious to hear some opinions if anyone has one
Depending on how you power this thing? Problem with short wheel base is keeping the front end on the ground. I’ve seen more Kraton LWB builds for that reason. My Kraton would do backflips at start. Makes it more difficult to drive. Just my opinion

Depending on how you power this thing? Problem with short wheel base is keeping the front end on the ground. I’ve seen more Kraton LWB builds for that reason. My Kraton would do backflips at start. Makes it more difficult to drive. Just my opinion
Yeah I have had SWB stuff and Mojave chassis build stuff. Just curious about feelings about this specific build. Sounds like it would be fun with the lighter smaller build with that suspension setup.

If I would have stayed in the 6s game I would have ended up getting an M2C chassi. My buddy ran a Mojave along side my Kraton. He had a lot more control

Imo @Dscracing1320 has built the closest to an all out swb mojave. @Rcproponent & @BashingBrian have also built their own twist on it as have I. Stock powerplant is all that's needed imo. Max 8 at most. Here's mine, outcast diffs, senton towers, mojave arms f&r. Kraton front shocks on rear, talion up front. For where I bash and what I want it for best for me by far. Tough as nails. 😎
20210418_194046.jpg
20210511_043958.jpg
20210530_144016.jpg

Hell yeah they both look awesome! Out of curiosity did either of you consider using mojave shocks? That is what I was thinking of using because of the way they act compared to kraton or typhon shocks. But for sending I suppose the kraton/typhon shocks would be better. I was also considering using backflip LPs on it

Hell yeah they both look awesome! Out of curiosity did either of you consider using mojave shocks? That is what I was thinking of using because of the way they act compared to kraton or typhon shocks. But for sending I suppose the kraton/typhon shocks would be better. I was also considering using backflip LPs on it
I used Mojave front on front and Kraton front on rear on BF Lp
C8FE07C2-3411-4B6D-9C17-144CF3479508.jpeg
DA88159E-1C9A-4DBB-9260-F10BC1CF413D.jpeg

I used Mojave front on front and Kraton front on rear on BF Lp View attachment 172593View attachment 172594
ah ha! Your truck was the one I was thinking of through all of this. But I didn't remember your name or the thread. You are what sparked me to want this build. Do they rub at all? Also do you have a reason for that shock setup?

ah ha! Your truck was the one I was thinking of through all of this. But I didn't remember your name or the thread. You are what sparked me to want this build. Do they rub at all? Also do you have a reason for that shock setup?
😁
no rubbing at all, I decided this setup after reading the long thread of 4S/3S shocks opportunity, and I like it

Edit. With Talion shock tower I think it’s a perfect setup

😁
no rubbing at all, I decided this setup after reading the long thread of 4S/3S shocks opportunity, and I like it

Edit. With Talion shock tower I think it’s a perfect setup
That thing must be a riot to drive! Probably very tough too I imagine. Do you have talion towers both front and rear?

So I'm running Mojave front shocks in the rear and Typhon fronts up front as I was going to possibly do a rally car so wanted the lower suspension. Going to grab some Mojave rears so it's normal front and rear with the Mojave shocks as I went the other way with it. Arms and turnbuckles are Mojave, hubs, axles and hex's are Typhon. Just got the MEXB front and rear bumpers installed also to finish the build and really give it the Mojave/SCT look.

So I'm running Mojave front shocks in the rear and Typhon fronts up front as I was going to possibly do a rally car so wanted the lower suspension. Going to grab some Mojave rears so it's normal front and rear with the Mojave shocks as I went the other way with it. Arms and turnbuckles are Mojave, hubs, axles and hex's are Typhon. Just got the MEXB front and rear bumpers installed also to finish the build and really give it the Mojave/SCT look.
ahhhhhh ok cool cool. It looks great as it is now. I like that body and the paint job a lot. You gave me some ideas with the little pieces of tape all different sizes and shapes and what not.

ahhhhhh ok cool cool. It looks great as it is now. I like that body and the paint job a lot. You gave me some ideas with the little pieces of tape all different sizes and shapes and what not.
Thanks! Definitely love how it turned out for sure and it handles amazing on my soft sandy dirt especially with the newly added belted MX 28's. Ya wanted to do something different and a bit more original on the body and think I pulled it off pretty well especially for my 3rd body I've done. Just make sure to let everything cure up after every coat and really make sure the pieces of tape are stuck really well around the edges. I had a couple spots that bled through but not really noticeable. Not bad at all considering was like 60 little pieces of tape for the design lol and main body color was done in 3 sections being the orange in front, white in rear and then blending the two in the middle.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back