Sweep Road Crusher tyres overheating issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klappars

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
I have a set of sweep road crusher tyres on my Talion. Every time I run 6S up and down a road the motor is getting too hot at around 200 Fahrenheit/93 celcius.

The car is geared 16/50 so just slightly higher gearing than stock and I am doing speed runs up and down a road. The ambient temperature is less than 10 degrees Celsius. The ESC is fairly cool and the battery is moderately warm.

Does anyone else have any issues with overheating when using these wheels/tyres?

I too have a talion, sweep road crushers, 6s, but stock 13T gearing. My temps used to get up to around 140-150F I added the Yeah Racing heat sink with dual fan combo and temps dropped about 30 degrees F. It rarely goes above 120 now. If your temps are getting that high, I'd inspect your diffs and bearings to rule out other sources of resistance. I recently replaced all my stock bearings with Fast Eddies. I was surprised to find several bearings completely frozen.

I too have a talion, sweep road crushers, 6s, but stock 13T gearing. My temps used to get up to around 140-150F I added the Yeah Racing heat sink with dual fan combo and temps dropped about 30 degrees F. It rarely goes above 120 now. If your temps are getting that high, I'd inspect your diffs and bearings to rule out other sources of resistance. I recently replaced all my stock bearings with Fast Eddies. I was surprised to find several bearings completely frozen.
I’ve recently done a lot of work on the drivetrain. I installed a HR aluminium gearbox case and aluminium center diff case. So all of the drivetrain bearings were checked and replaced as necessary. The car rolls nice and smoothly, I also reduced the punch setting on the ESC but it hasn’t made much of a difference to temperatures.

Unfortunately the yeah racing heatsink doesn’t seem to available in the uk so it would be expensive to import.

Hmm, I wonder if your motor is on the verge of going out. While the street crushers are wide, the rolling resistance on asphalt is relatively low. I was running my Talion in sand with Proline Slingshot paddle tires. The resistance caused my motor temps to hit 180-190. It wasn't until after several outings that the motor eventually seized. I took the motor apart and found the core actually split. I'm wondering if the core expansion was gradual, adding internal turning resistance inside the motor.

This has me thinking...I wonder if there is a way to measure a chassis' rolling resistance. I would think competitive racers would want to measure subtle differences between upgrades and mods such as bearings, tires, etc...

Hmm, I wonder if your motor is on the verge of going out. While the street crushers are wide, the rolling resistance on asphalt is relatively low. I was running my Talion in sand with Proline Slingshot paddle tires. The resistance caused my motor temps to hit 180-190. It wasn't until after several outings that the motor eventually seized. I took the motor apart and found the core actually split. I'm wondering if the core expansion was gradual, adding internal turning resistance inside the motor.

This has me thinking...I wonder if there is a way to measure a chassis' rolling resistance. I would think competitive racers would want to measure subtle differences between upgrades and mods such as bearings, tires, etc...
The motor is actually brand new. Only had a couple runs on it. I had a hobbywing 2200kv installed which suffered the same problem you mention, the magnets had shattered and caused the motor to suddenly lock up. I am now running a turnigy xk 2000kv motor. The top speed is slightly lower due to the lower kv but I was hoping it may have reduced temperatures a bit.

I might need to find some lighter tyres for the car as the road crushers are quite heavy.

The hw 4274 2200kv gets super hot in my redcat be6s. Granted I’m overgeared at 19/47 pinion/spur, 6s; I love the speed though :p The max8 esc thermals.

The hw 4274 2200kv gets super hot in my redcat be6s. Granted I’m overgeared at 19/47 pinion/spur, 6s; I love the speed though :p The max8 esc thermals.
I haven’t had any issues with my max8, it hasn’t ever thermal shutdown.

I’ve recently done a lot of work on the drivetrain. I installed a HR aluminium gearbox case and aluminium center diff case. So all of the drivetrain bearings were checked and replaced as necessary. The car rolls nice and smoothly, I also reduced the punch setting on the ESC but it hasn’t made much of a difference to temperatures.

Unfortunately the yeah racing heatsink doesn’t seem to available in the uk so it would be expensive to import.

Hi i am from the land down under and the yeah racing heatsink with twin fans cost around $50 Aus dollars and with the currency exchange rate would probably only cost you $30 + P/H .
You would probably still pick it up for cheaper then what i could get it.
Just a thought.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back