Tactic TX300 Program Mode Trouble shoot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wmorgan

When in doubt...bash it!
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Notorious
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Typhon 6s
I just got a Tactic from Jenny's and installed last night. Haven't driven Typhon yet, but everything seems to operate correctly...except for program mode. I was going to set end points so for PM I turned steering full right and full throttle then turned on and got a constant red light for "on". I tried other combos with same result.
Is this a faulty radio or could there be another setting that changed the PM protocol? This is first time messing with a Tactic radio.
I set the S/D knob to limit turning. Will that work as well?

I just got a Tactic from Jenny's and installed last night. Haven't driven Typhon yet, but everything seems to operate correctly...except for program mode. I was going to set end points so for PM I turned steering full right and full throttle then turned on and got a constant red light for "on". I tried other combos with same result.
Is this a faulty radio or could there be another setting that changed the PM protocol? This is first time messing with a Tactic radio.
I set the S/D knob to limit turning. Will that work as well?
Yeah that does sound like some sort of fault. Sadly you might be sol for support because you bought it from a chop shop. I do believe there is no warranty on those.

Yeah that does sound like some sort of fault. Sadly you might be sol for support because you bought it from a chop shop. I do believe there is no warranty on those.
That was my next question! Lol. I have another one coming from Jenny's thanks to @Notorious J. So if that one is faulty I'm sure he'll cover it for me! ??

I tried that and every combo in between with same result. ?
Did you try new batteries, and made sure that the esc switch was turned off? If it really is faulty, Jennys will help you out, but what are the odds they'll even have another Tactic? Just send Horizon an email and tell them it's a V3 you purchased, or better yet, call them. My guess is they'll take care of you without too many questions.

Did you try new batteries, and made sure that the esc switch was turned off? If it really is faulty, Jennys will help you out, but what are the odds they'll even have another Tactic? Just send Horizon an email and tell them it's a V3 you purchased, or better yet, call them. My guess is they'll take care of you without too many questions.
I've reached out to Ted at Jenny's. I'll call Horizon as well... really should've started with them since it was the spectrum radio that was glitching in the first place. I assumed they'd send another spectrum though. Worth a shot.

MAD CRUSHER VE - SYNCRO KT-231P RADIO TRANSMITTER RECEIVER KYOSHO GT2 KYO34253B
Kyosho
  • $32.97
Is this a worthy replacement of a Tactic?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back