Notorious Tail scraping/grinding

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alphalima

Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Senton 3s
Shaved the tail off my chassis, so I replaced it with an M2C. Thankfully put on the RPM skid plate in the new chassis, but the one pictures is 1/2 a battery pack old.

I’m jumping off a ramp on soft grass. Do you think this is from the ramp or landing?

And any modifications/suggestions on how to avoid? Currently stock shock oil, height, etc.

05AA5A99-C6A2-4DC0-98B1-74BBA6923570.jpeg

C74DB5F1-6C50-4DFE-BEE6-E06DABAB6C8A.jpeg

Heavier weight oil maybe 60-70k or higher. You can also adjust the droop to give you more travel. If the front shocks have too much tension then the back will squat more under load thus scraping the rear. I find the stock springs are too soft in the rear and too much tension in the front. I do not use much preload in the front and about 1/2 or more preload in the rear. Hope this helps.

That's the ramp. Do you have grip tape (sandpaper) on it or something? Landing slaps are flatter, the angle of the worn spot on your chassis indicates hitting the transition and departure lip on your ramp, over and over. That looks like some rapid wear!

I’m sure this one was painfully obvious to you guys. I honestly didn’t think I was close to bottoming out on the ramp.

I’m changing the oil right now and I can’t believe I put this off. 80wt is what I have. What a noticeable difference.

Thanks as always for the help.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back