Kraton Arrma kraton 6s exb grinding noise out of box brand new

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would take the diffs apart and give them a good looking over. Make sure they aren't binding and they look as they should. Probably need to add your preferred weight oil (factory is often light in adding oil) and make sure the factory assembled them correctly. You can check this by looking in the exploded view in the manual.

My Arrma kraton exb 6s has a grinding/clicking noise coming from the gears. Is this normal, what should I do?
I would take the diffs apart and give them a good looking over. Make sure they aren't binding and they look as they should. Probably need to add your preferred weight oil (factory is often light in adding oil) and make sure the factory assembled them correctly. You can check this by looking in the exploded view in the manual
I’m a beginner. What does binding mean? What oil is recommended? How can I check the diffs without taking them apart

Can you post a video of the noise? Might be normal, metal drivetrain's are noisy.

In order to properly check the diff's out you will need to disassemble them.

I'm pretty sure what your describing is completely normal. Especially if you're new to RC. It's the metals gears making contact with each other as you roll it.

If what you mean is once you got the wheels on it and no batteries as your roll ot back it forth, you are hearing the differentials and spur/Pinion gears making contact

I’m a beginner. What does binding mean? What oil is recommended? How can I check the diffs without taking them apart
Don't worry about the weight. When you take them apart, there should be a good amount of oil in there. If it's dry, look in the manual and just add what they included stock to start with. As for checking for binding, just make sure they rotate when you manually turn them. Also, RCbuzz is right, metal gears are noisy. Might just be that.

I would take the diffs apart and give them a good looking over. Make sure they aren't binding and they look as they should. Probably need to add your preferred weight oil (factory is often light in adding oil) and make sure the factory assembled them correctly. You can check this by looking in the exploded view in the manual.
Thanks!
I'm pretty sure what your describing is completely normal. Especially if you're new to RC. It's the metals gears making contact with each other as you roll it.

If what you mean is once you got the wheels on it and no batteries as your roll ot back it forth, you are hearing the differentials and spur/Pinion gears making contact
Ok, Thanks, I didn’t think anything could be wrong as it is brand new.

Thanks!

Well… sorry to rain on your parade but I don’t trust RTRs. I have ALWAYS taken apart my diffs before use. As many have stated, take them apart and follow the YouTube videos posted.

A few suggestions, if I may?

1) Buy a quality set of hex drivers.
2) Start with one diff at a time.
3) Label everything.
4) Take photos for ease of assembly.
5) When in doubt, reach out. We’re here to help.

Thanks!

Yeah so many people hear that noise and automatically think something is wrong.
Well… sorry to rain on your parade but I don’t trust RTRs. I have ALWAYS taken apart my diffs before use. As many have stated, take them apart and follow the YouTube videos posted.

A few suggestions, if I may?

1) Buy a quality set of hex drivers.
2) Start with one diff at a time.
3) Label everything.
4) Take photos for ease of assembly.
5) When in doubt, reach out. We’re here to help.
6) use the manual and exploded views as needed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back