Kraton My K6S has a tail waggle!?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Outcast 8s
My first Arrma vehicle, Kraton 6s BLX, has been through the new guy upgrade ringer. It's overpowered XLX2/2028 and handles like it. In a straight line I got 94 GNSS, but after about 80 or so the tail will wag...not every time but enough to notice. My latest in trying to settle her out is adding hub extension adapters for the rear and aluminum steering blocks for the front. Fit for both were straight forward and hope to get better results this weekend when I take her out. More to follow...

Pictured below: Old vs. New
RC2.jpg

RC3.jpg

RC1.jpg

RC4.jpg

Just curious, what receiver are you running? If you’re running a receiver with AVC, it can cause a tail wag at high speed, even on the lowest of settings.

What did you have to do to get that giant motor in there? I have a 1717 in mine and it barely fits. Your motor is a lot larger.

My first Arrma vehicle, Kraton 6s BLX, has been through the new guy upgrade ringer. It's overpowered XLX2/2028 and handles like it. In a straight line I got 94 GNSS, but after about 80 or so the tail will wag...not every time but enough to notice. My latest in trying to settle her out is adding hub extension adapters for the rear and aluminum steering blocks for the front. Fit for both were straight forward and hope to get better results this weekend when I take her out. More to follow...

Pictured below: Old vs. New
View attachment 328517

View attachment 328518

View attachment 328519

View attachment 328520
bet your diffs love you

Just curious, what receiver are you running? If you’re running a receiver with AVC, it can cause a tail wag at high speed, even on the lowest of settings.
OEM receiver, I performed the steps to disable AVC. But that could be user error too.
What did you have to do to get that giant motor in there? I have a 1717 in mine and it barely fits. Your motor is a lot larger.
PPS motor mount. 56 series
bet your diffs love you
Spool in the center, Limitless.

+1,
My Lim when speed running did that with that Spektrum AVC garbage gyro. Try turning AVC way down or disable it altogether. This if are in fact running AVC. For bashing purposes , never run a gyro or AVC.
You may also have worn out BB's or Rear camber links. Replace the bad BB's. Unbalanced wheels will also cause wiggle from extreme wheel vibration . Balance them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back