Talion Talion + MethodRC Belted SCT Tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How did does SRC worked out I just put mine today..before I run them I wanted to know from other people how they run..lol

View attachment 240681
Be careful not to overtighten the hex. I'm assuming that is what screwed me when I first used em. Tire flew off and I ended up sliding into a curb ripping my rear a arm and hinge pins etc etc. They did send me a new pair of tires though as they were basically brand new when it happened. The plastic sems thin and weak imo but they're been okay ever since. Just don't jump with them and you should be good.

Were the stock Talion tires lacking anything specific? I saw they are belted stock and can get a cheap set to try on a fireteam and figured they may be lighter and belted for speedier conditions. But if they balloon anyway, I'll pass.

Stock tires aren't bad but they kind of don't have a purpose imo. The air control for jumping is bad but they also wear quickly on road. I think they're good for bashing around in dirt. They also don't balloon.

MethodRC SC tires last a long time on road and they are even lighter than stock tires iirc. They also do fine in dirt. I probably wouldn't do any extreme jumping with them though. I can't comment on air control as I always switch to backflip lps or 6s version on my talion when I want to jump it.

Stockers are great. Not for jumping or extreme bashing. They crack pretty easily. They are exactly for what the Talion is for, high speed over all terrain.

They have limited traction which actually helps keep the car pretty stable (not back flipping or traction rolling)

I found other tires to be more durable or more traction and more air control. But also much less stable and easier to roll the truck or flip it.

They didn't balloon much but if you overspeed they do balloon, haven't found any tires (with foams) that don't balloon actually...

They are fairly lightweight and seems only racing wheels are lighter.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back