Talion Talion + MethodRC Belted SCT Tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moirae

Beauty & Beast
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Kraton 4s
  8. Mojave EXB
  9. Notorious
  10. Outcast 8s
  11. Outcast EXB
  12. Talion EXB
  13. Typhon 3s
  14. Typhon 6s
  15. Typhon TLR

image005.jpg

image004.jpg

image001.jpg

image003.jpg

I don't think I've seen anyone try this yet so I figured I'd give it a shot and post up some pics etc. I actually really liked these tires on the Talion, maybe even more than I liked them on the Mojave. They are a little (10mm?) smaller than the stock tires and don't balloon. I can still get wheelies if I go full throttle but standing backflips failed with these tires. Talion is also probably 12lbs in the video for what it's worth. :cool:

At the moment it has mmx8s and the tp 4070cm 2200kv on 23t/46t. I had src road crushers on it before I put the method tires on and I was going noticeably faster because of the bigger tire diameter but these tires are not only smaller but lighter which also dropped my temps down a lot. I could have probably went up to a 26t pinion. =D

Ahh yes how could I forget the big 4070😌
26t she might take flight!😂
Haha, now that I bought the 2nd Kraton, my 4070 is not really an "extra" anymore. Now I have to decide between putting the 4070 or castle 1717 in the talion or kraton. I'm totally going to end up buying another motor too since I need a new "extra" :ROFLMAO:

Man I'm hyped for the MethodRC monster truck tires I ordered. Going to toss them on one of these kratons and give them a try too. I'm expecting great things considering how awesome the sct tires are.

Thank you for sharing this!!

As soon as they were released i wondered if they'll fit the Talion. so this post is perfect thanks!!

Any chance you can share how much they weigh?

Thank you for sharing this!!

As soon as they were released i wondered if they'll fit the Talion. so this post is perfect thanks!!

Any chance you can share how much they weigh?
No problem! I know I was also interested when I bought them. I weighed them at 207 grams, website says 212 and mine have about maybe 6 packs on them with 4 of those being on 8s.

207g is nothing! this is almost the weight of a racing tire

Amazing they hold 8s.

Appreciate it, thanks.
Surprisingly, I haven't even had to reglue them yet.

Any chance you could put them next to a kraton or talion stock tire for reference? Are they the same size bead on the front and back? Or smaller on the front/larger on the back like other SC tires/wheels I've seen?

Any chance you could put them next to a kraton or talion stock tire for reference? Are they the same size bead on the front and back? Or smaller on the front/larger on the back like other SC tires/wheels I've seen?
They looked like the same size bead to me!

image001.jpg

image002.jpg

At the moment it has mmx8s and the tp 4070cm 2200kv on 23t/46t. I had src road crushers on it before I put the method tires on and I was going noticeably faster because of the bigger tire diameter but these tires are not only smaller but lighter which also dropped my temps down a lot. I could have probably went up to a 26t pinion. =D
How were temps? i still need to buy the mmx8s but have the tp on hand for the stretched talion. Still debating on gearing.

How were temps? i still need to buy the mmx8s but have the tp on hand for the stretched talion. Still debating on gearing.

The temps with the MethodRC tires were excellent tbh. I was going pretty hard imo and I never saw temps over 85f. Granted this was with 2x 40mm 16k rpm fans and an ambient temp of about 45-50f

The temps with the MethodRC tires were excellent tbh. I was going pretty hard imo and I never saw temps over 85f. Granted this was with 2x 40mm 16k rpm fans and an ambient temp of about 45-50f
Right on, I normally run one so I’m optimistic to gear mine higher than planned to start 😂

Right on, I normally run one so I’m optimistic to gear mine higher than planned to start 😂
I definitely felt like I could have geared up for sure. I dunno about gearing up with those road crushers though :ROFLMAO:

I definitely felt like I could have geared up for sure. I dunno about gearing up with those road crushers though :ROFLMAO:
I’m still trying to decide on tires but if we gear that 4070 that high they may have to be belted for sure 😂

Were the stock Talion tires lacking anything specific? I saw they are belted stock and can get a cheap set to try on a fireteam and figured they may be lighter and belted for speedier conditions. But if they balloon anyway, I'll pass.

Were the stock Talion tires lacking anything specific? I saw they are belted stock and can get a cheap set to try on a fireteam and figured they may be lighter and belted for speedier conditions. But if they balloon anyway, I'll pass.
Stock tires aren't bad but they kind of don't have a purpose imo. The air control for jumping is bad but they also wear quickly on road. I think they're good for bashing around in dirt. They also don't balloon.

MethodRC SC tires last a long time on road and they are even lighter than stock tires iirc. They also do fine in dirt. I probably wouldn't do any extreme jumping with them though. I can't comment on air control as I always switch to backflip lps or 6s version on my talion when I want to jump it.

How did does SRC worked out I just put mine today..before I run them I wanted to know from other people how they run..lol

CACAC803-3609-40C7-B2DB-F0D2441D2AD0.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back