Kraton Arrma Kraton 6s, Where can I get cheap(est) on-road belted tires??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kbird420

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I have an Arrma Kraton Exb with the same electronics as the rtr 6s Kraton I run both off and on road. I'd really like some good on-road belted tires but haven't been able to find anything that's affordable. Can anyone give me some suggestions? Thanks a ton in advance.
-Kevin

I have an Arrma Kraton Exb with the same electronics as the rtr 6s Kraton I run both off and on road. I'd really like some good on-road belted tires but haven't been able to find anything that's affordable. Can anyone give me some suggestions? Thanks a ton in advance.
-Kevin
Hello and welcome!

What is your budget?

Choons... are a cheap No Name option. Basically a knock off of the Hoons. Many like them. Not best for 150MPH speed running of course. But for just drifting around, good to have cheap tires. They wear out so fast, your wallet may not keep up. So buy these cheap ones.
I stay with the Disk type Limitless wheel white compound Hoons from JennysRC.com

Look here....
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/lol-integy.63263/page-2

I mean I don't really have a budget but from what I've seen a set of four good belted run over 100$
Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated!

I mean I don't really have a budget but from what I've seen a set of four good belted run over 100$

JennyRC.com for stock Arrma Tires is by far the best deal!

What size? Height Diameter? Because 100 or 107's are gonna look silly on a Kraton. Too small for me.

Smallest on the Kraton for me would be a Mojave tire (dBoots Fortress) at 139m X 42mm and I think thats too small. The methodRC TERRAFORM All-Terrain Belted Monster Truck Tires are close to the same size (139mm x 58mm) and I like them both, maybe the Fortress better.

The dBoots KATAR T BELTED 6S (stock Talion 6S ) at 146m X 57mm are nice. I just got them so time will tell.
But I run MT Backflips mostly and use a stretched Typhon 6S for street fun. And I lowered the towers an shocks some, widened it with Kraton Hubs.
I like the 107 Hoons (white or Gold) at 107mm X 53m and it's an animal but the gearing isn't as good for speed but drifting is Awesome! I usually run the dBoots Fortress on it (they are nice on the street too) or the dBoots Exabyte (stock 6S Typhon TLR) at 118mm X 42mm.

I have a couple of sets of 100's, I use them on a 3S Typhon. If I put them on the 6S Typhon, it just does tornado spins. It's fun for like 10 min.

at Jenny
ARRMA dBoots Exabyte (stock 6S Typhon TLR) $40 for 4.
ARRMA dBoots Fortress (stock 6S Mojave EXB) $79 for 4.
dBoots KATAR T BELTED 6S (stock Talion 6S EXB) $73 for 4.

Yeah belted are not cheap. And the MethodRC ones do need the right adapters ( correct offset) for certain model RC's.
$18. for just 2 plastic MethodRC hub adapters is steep also. And not sure how durable they would even be.:unsure:
The wheel Adapter hub design just made RC wheels even more $$$ than they were without them. More parts needed for wheels, while the Mfr can lower their wheel inventory and selection , making the wheels more universal for the many RC's out there.
Just it is on US as hobbyists to Buy the adapters now to suit what we have.
But I would rather spend my big coin with MethodRC over PL any day.

https://methodrc.net/products/6-x-32mm-21mm-offset-hex-adaptor-black-2pcs

Last edited:
😀👍

Screenshot_20230626-100831.png

King blitz are the set pictured belted? They look similar to belted ones I've seen, the size and price is much better than anything else I've seen.

Yeah belted are not cheap. And the MethodRC ones do need the right adapters ( correct offset) for certain model RC's.
$18. for just 2 plastic MethodRC hub adapters is steep also. And not sure how durable they would even be.:unsure:
The wheel Adapter hub design just made RC wheels even more $$$ than they were without them. More parts needed for wheels, while the Mfr can lower their wheel inventory and selection , making the wheels more universal for the many RC's out there.
Just it is on US as hobbyists to Buy the adapters now to suit what we have.
But I would rather spend my big coin with MethodRC over PL any day.

https://methodrc.net/products/6-x-32mm-21mm-offset-hex-adaptor-black-2pcs
my method rc tires came with the correct hubs.

King blitz are the set pictured belted? They look similar to belted ones I've seen, the size and price is much better than anything else I've seen.
Honestly I did not read discription .I can check for you .I was looking for a pair for my self and I had these in my eBay watch list.
So I checked and it does not mention.i sent a message to seller asking if they were belted..also these need to be glued.and I found the same type of wheel and tyre for 69.00 if your in the u.s if your in Canada they cost 89 🤷
$69.00 u.s dollars
Go to Horizon Hobbies Duratrax must be going out of business because they have close outs on all the wheels .super cheap .I've never seen these prices ever.go quick before they sell out

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230626-205828.png
    Screenshot_20230626-205828.png
    348.4 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot_20230626-210612.png
    Screenshot_20230626-210612.png
    238.6 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Tires, Tires, Tires....
Waiting for the Rain to STOP - preparing for the long 4th weekend with the kids.
Choosing Tires to pack and use. Different locations. Parks and Yards.

IMG_5245.JPG

from left to right;
Backflips MT 3.8, Cooperhead2, Katar 6S, Method SC, Forest 6S > Exabyte, Hoon 107, Hoon 100, Katar 3S.

IMG_5248.JPG

IMG_5249.JPG

This is why you Can't run Hoons on a Kraton 6S! 🤣😂🤣😅😅
Looks like an Insect, I want to Step On It!

IMG_5260.JPG

IMG_5253.JPG

Last edited:
Those look like Method SC, no?

Yes! fixed. thanks. I like them but they are a bit soft and spongy on pavement and not good at all on grass.
The dBoot Fortress are harder and grab well on both surfaces. I like them better.

https://methodrc.net/products/terraform-all-terrain-belted-1-7-1-8-short-course-tires-on-switch-17mm-hex-2pcs-glued?_pos=1&_psq=+Terraform+All-Terrain+Belted+1/7,+1/8+Short+Course+Tires+on+Switch+17mm+Hex+(2pcs,+not+glued)&_ss=e&_v=1.0

Buggy Tires (Small, medium and Large) on them.
Truck and Street Tires behind them.

IMG_5239.JPG

Yes! fixed. thanks. I like them but they are a bit soft and spongy on pavement and not good at all on grass.
The dBoot Fortress are harder and grab well on both surfaces. I like them better.
Yeah they are softer than I expected for belted tires. So-so grip on pavement but subpar grip everywhere else.

Great for hooning around with a Talion though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back