Talion V3 on 6S - Day 1 Jumps and Durability Testing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After those first few cartwheels, you can here that something was slipping. Better have a good look at the pinion, spur and the difs, before you run again. Nice vid though(y)

I agree with @Notorious J . Something sounds a little off after the first cartwheel. Maybe there is a tiny rock caught near the center diff. In any event I would give it a good once over and bench run it to make sure it sounds ok.

I'm not sure if all the front flips were intentional. I find them much harder to time than a backflip and much easier to botch. Also if you are in the air and relatively level, hitting the brake is going to end in a bad landing more often than not. The goal is to try and land on all fours.

That looks like a fun place to bash. Nice air off that dirt mound ?Good choice on the servo too.

I agree with @Notorious J . Something sounds a little off after the first cartwheel. Maybe there is a tiny rock caught near the center diff. In any event I would give it a good once over and bench run it to make sure it sounds ok.

I'm not sure if all the front flips were intentional. I find them much harder to time than a backflip and much easier to botch. Also if you are in the air and relatively level, hitting the brake is going to end in a bad landing more often than not. The goal is to try and land on all fours.

That looks like a fun place to bash. Nice air off that dirt mound ?Good choice on the servo too.

yeah, im good at crashing front flips too... they are hard...lol

yeah, im good at crashing front flips too... they are hard...lol

There's way more timing involved with a front flip and it's impossible to correct if under rotated. With a backflip you can always give it more throttle to get it around. With a front flip you can't give it more brake, lol. The best you can do is give it throttle to abort before you land on the roof.

There's way more timing involved with a front flip and it's impossible to correct if under rotated. With a backflip you can always give it more throttle to get it around. With a front flip you can't give it more brake, lol. The best you can do is give it throttle to abort before you land on the roof.

Either the jump was too gentle of a slope, or I just wasn't giving it enough throttle, but it was very difficult to even begin to initiate a backflip.

I'm also not a pro yet at post-jump flight management, so that's what I'm working on with the nice little jump laid out there.

I'm definitely going to look into the drivetrain to see what's going on, whether it's a rock or slipping or something else.

yeah, backflips are easy..... the bigger the air the easier they get... fronts are the opposite... especially if you have the slightest steering problem... Then you are coming off a little crooked and you are done... lol

Either the jump was too gentle of a slope, or I just wasn't giving it enough throttle, but it was very difficult to even begin to initiate a backflip.

I'm also not a pro yet at post-jump flight management, so that's what I'm working on with the nice little jump laid out there.

I'm definitely going to look into the drivetrain to see what's going on, whether it's a rock or slipping or something else.

When I want to backflip, I usually go half throttle or more leading up to the ramp. As I am about to hit the crest I go hard throttle. If that doesn't get the truck rotating backwards then it's a traction issue.

When I want to backflip, I usually go half throttle or more leading up to the ramp. As I am about to hit the crest I go hard throttle. If that doesn't get the truck rotating backwards then it's a traction issue.

For the backy i go full bore... send it style and let off right at the last min.

I think I have proved to myself at least that the talion is the strongest Arrma... It can take a pommeling to the ground that knocks the ec5's and motor connections off and still runs... The towers are pretty much bulletproof... I have cracked all my katar wheels but they still perform.... Kraton has a little brother to worry about... lol

For the backy i go full bore... send it style and let off right at the last min.
I've seen how well that's worked out for you Evel. Now about that new ramp.......:LOL:

I don't have enough room to go full out up the ramp. And you do need some throttle left so you can rotate. I guess that is why you let off.

I don't have enough room to go full out up the ramp. And you do need some throttle left so you can rotate. I guess that is why you let off.

When you launch with endless space the car launches on heavy throttle and chills out about when its upside down.. Then you can just feather it a little to continue the rotation...i think its a lot easier than on a little jump... The only problem is, if you make a mistake the car hits the ground and it does not like that...

Let's just say the front center dogbone is bent. Lol.

At least it was a $12 part this time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back