Bad Day Arrma Bashing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NitroK

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
Excited to go out bashing today. Charged the lipos and took the Big Rock 3s and Kraton 6s...my only two Arrma vehicles.

Gentle open field with short grass and dirt. No jumps in sight. First was the Big Rock that lasted about 3 minutes before the slipper clutch came loose. Common 3s blx problem but gets on your nerves after a while. Half a mind to drill and put 3 bolts through the slipper.

Next was the Kraton which cartwheeled 2 minutes in and dislodged the bolt from the lower arm pivot ball. Bashing over for the day.

Maybe Arrma and me were never meant to be....

I've have had days like that. But I've also had days that nothing broke, even if I tried to break it... So better luck next time.

Definitely have had days like that. I now bring extra batteries small tool bag.
After having had a couple of runs away from home that resulted in lost fasteners that ruined the outing, I now bring a small toolbox with 1.5mm, 2.0mm, and 3.0mm hex drivers; a 17mm wheel nut remover; 5.5mm and 7.0mm open end wrenches and nut drivers; and a bag of assorted fasteners. I also bring an extra battery for each of the vehicles I brought with me.

Excited to go out bashing today. Charged the lipos and took the Big Rock 3s and Kraton 6s...my only two Arrma vehicles.

Gentle open field with short grass and dirt. No jumps in sight.

Sounded like a perfect bashing spot.

First was the Big Rock that lasted about 3 minutes before the slipper clutch came loose. Common 3s blx problem but gets on your nerves after a while. Half a mind to drill and put 3 bolts through the slipper.

Next was the Kraton which cartwheeled 2 minutes in and dislodged the bolt from the lower arm pivot ball. Bashing over for the day.

Maybe Arrma and me were never meant to be....

That shucks..!
But that's RC-ing for ya ,it happens..

Time to get another backup of a backup rig!! 😉

And like others have said.. Bring a small tool set and spare parts with you.
That is the Way!
To properly RC. 🤘

The 3S slipper is an easy fix. Take the screw out and clean the old loctite off of it. Put new loctite on and set it 1-1/4 out from fully seated. Let the loctite cure for 24 hours and it won’t move again. The thing to remember is that slipper should never be adjusted again until you’re willing to do the steps mentioned above. Once you break that cured loctite it won’t hold again.

The 3S slipper is an easy fix. Take the screw out and clean the old loctite off of it. Put new loctite on and set it 1-1/4 out from fully seated. Let the loctite cure for 24 hours and it won’t move again. The thing to remember is that slipper should never be adjusted again until you’re willing to do the steps mentioned above. Once you break that cured loctite it won’t hold again.
Thanks. I usually lift the front and insert the 2mm hex into the slipper and pull the car on the ground until the rear wheels have resistance. Once I over tighten and got the spring jammed inside... :)

I had similar experience on easter... Was pumped to try out my new SMC Lipos in my INF6s along with a new, huge, parking lot. Got there and got everything going and I hear grinding noise! The set screw backed out of the spool and that was that. Had zero maintenance stuff with me, just car, Tx and batteries and of course it has rained since. Looking forward to giving it another go this weekend.
I did also have my K6s and bashed it through 2 full packs and was really impressed with the Max6 G2 4990 combo. It was the first time that I spent that much time bashing since I installed the combo. Cool as a cucumber.

After having had a couple of runs away from home that resulted in lost fasteners that ruined the outing, I now bring a small toolbox with 1.5mm, 2.0mm, and 3.0mm hex drivers; a 17mm wheel nut remover; 5.5mm and 7.0mm open end wrenches and nut drivers; and a bag of assorted fasteners. I also bring an extra battery for each of the vehicles I brought with me.
I've had this I got all my tools set up in 2 tool bags plus a tool bag of spare arms hubs links pivot balls and every size screw from m2 and up in a organizer next time I go to try to run 3 or 4 battery's through mine in a single day it won't be a fail of a day because of a shaped off m3 in a pivot ball

I've had this I got all my tools set up in 2 tool bags plus a tool bag of spare arms hubs links pivot balls and every size screw from m2 and up in a organizer next time I go to try to run 3 or 4 battery's through mine in a single day it won't be a fail of a day because of a shaped off m3 in a pivot ball or a blown front or rear drive shaft thinking about it I could possibly rebuild all 4 corners if need be on my tailgate in one go arms shafts bearings hubs links I really need to get a pair front shock f/r diff center diff and I should be about set for anything besides catastrophic hard part failure

Last edited:
I did also have my K6s and bashed it through 2 full packs and was really impressed with the Max6 G2 4990 combo. It was the first time that I spent that much time bashing since I installed the combo. Cool as a cucumber.

What gearing are you using on the 4990?

Sounded like a perfect bashing spot.

That shucks..!
But that's RC-ing for ya ,it happens..

Time to get another backup of a backup rig!! 😉

And like others have said.. Bring a small tool set and spare parts with you.
That is the Way!
To properly RC. 🤘
I always carry a rc tool box with me. I was out alone and did not feel the need to fix it right there. Go home take my time and do it properly after cleaning the rig.

If out with friends, then its a different situation bordering on the ability to resurrect the dead.

I don't carry spare parts anymore, always been where the item I needed is the one I did not bring.

Update on the Big Rock. It was not the slipper clutch as initially diagnosed. Stripped the rear input gear. Already ordered parts from Jenny's

Stock standard Arrma Big Rock 3s blx runs well and is fairly reliable. I upgraded mine and stripped gears was inevitable.

Update on the Big Rock. It was not the slipper clutch as initially diagnosed. Stripped the rear input gear. Already ordered parts from Jenny's

Stock standard Arrma Big Rock 3s blx runs well and is fairly reliable. I upgraded mine and stripped gears was inevitable.
Glad to hear. I agree, most rc's are quite reliable and durable on stock power.. upgrades have to be applied accordingly. More power needs more beef in the drivetrain.. in the case of 3s Arrma's, that often means needing parts from the 4s line be used. I'm not really experienced in the matter, just going by what I've read here over that past few years. Though the same theory applies regardless of scale or brand. We're fortunate that Arrma has used designs that are cross compatible from 3s to 4s models from what I can tell.

Back