Talion Talion very 'bouncy'

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjl5590

Reaction score
Hi all,

I changed the springs on my Talion V4 because it felt like the stock ones were too soft. It was always very close to the ground and didn't spring back up properly after it was pushed down.

So I put the springs from the rear onto the front, and put some stiffer Mojave springs on the rear. Much stiffer now.

Anyway I took it out yesterday for some speed runs etc, and it's now very bouncy and hard to control. Do stiffer springs mean a more unstable ride?

I would suggest thinner damping fluid on the old springs to increase the return speed. However I would say the new ones are too stiff for the weight of the car so are not compressing enough. Others may say otherwise as I’m not too up on the subject but that’s my take on it for what it’s worth.

Ok thanks for the advice. I'll switch back to the original springs and put in some thinner shock oil. Does anyone have any idea of the stock Talion V4 shock fluid weight, so I know how much to reduce by?

Hi all,

I changed the springs on my Talion V4 because it felt like the stock ones were too soft. It was always very close to the ground and didn't spring back up properly after it was pushed down.

So I put the springs from the rear onto the front, and put some stiffer Mojave springs on the rear. Much stiffer now.

Anyway I took it out yesterday for some speed runs etc, and it's now very bouncy and hard to control. Do stiffer springs mean a more unstable ride?
I would increase your dampening. Still got stock oil? Try 50wt and decide wether to increase or decrease dampening. Or it could just be you have too much spring tension. But typically if it's bouncy it has low shock oil or it's too thin.

Ok thanks for the advice. I'll switch back to the original springs and put in some thinner shock oil. Does anyone have any idea of the stock Talion V4 shock fluid weight, so I know how much to reduce by?
As nino said thicker oil will counteract the springeyness/bouncyness. If you are doing offroad bashing/jumps I would recommend having a higher than stock tension as well as having a thicker fluid.

Sorry. Don't know why I said 50wt. I was thinking 10th scale. I do not know what it comes with stock but the concept of thinner vs thicker still applies.
I just looked it up and it seems ARRMArcfanboy4lif is correct. 2000cst or ~160wt

Last edited:
I don't run the Talion or similar big trucks but as far as standard silicone RC shock oil I can't find anything above 100wt. Weird

Try Backflip LP tires. I have stiffer springs that you have installed and it works out really well. My setup wouldn't work with the stock Katar tires.

I'm using the Nero/BigRock springs AR330419 front and rear with 2000cst. Yes, it's stiff as heck but tires take the bounciness out.

Try Backflip LP tires. I have stiffer springs that you have installed and it works out really well. My setup wouldn't work with the stock Katar tires.

I'm using the Nero/BigRock springs AR330419 front and rear with 2000cst. Yes, it's stiff as heck but tires take the bounciness out.
I need more stiff springs for my talion.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back