Big Rock Tape the chassis base or not?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leakywellie

Reaction score
I've seen some guys tape the bottom of the chassis some don't. I was thinking it's a good idea so that any screws that vibrate free are captured. Also from the way I see it that monster slot where a drive sprocket shows through is just asking for crud to get in between there and the pinion and causing damage.
Is there a right or wrong here? I should mention this big rock 6s is my very first rc vehicle so I know nothing.
Cheers
ps is anyone here from Edmonton, Alta?

I’d say do not tape it… especially where the slot is for the center driveshaft. I know it seems like it would get crud stuck in there but it’s the opposite… if you tape it up there’s no where for it to escape and it will for sure damage your gearing if a rock got in it.. the slot is a good thing… in fact, a lot of the 3s guys cut slots in their chassis so dirt can fall out.

Plus, if you properly tighten all your screws with proper loctite where it should be. You’ll be good to go.

I've seen some guys tape the bottom of the chassis some don't. I was thinking it's a good idea so that any screws that vibrate free are captured. Also from the way I see it that monster slot where a drive sprocket shows through is just asking for crud to get in between there and the pinion and causing damage.
Is there a right or wrong here? I should mention this big rock 6s is my very first rc vehicle so I know nothing.
Cheers
ps is anyone here from Edmonton, Alta?

Don't cover the center slot!
It's meant to be there to save the center diff from grinding pebbles/twigs/rocks..

You can look up chassis skinz ,if you want to give the bottom of the rig some stuff protection but it's not necessary.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back