Kraton TC Kagama or K6 EXB for being dumb?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glitch

Reaction score
Looking at one of these for general being dumb, including small skatepark jumps (yes, I know they will probably break), and low distance/height bad landings. I'm not duperbash, more of just somebody who knows they are learning and takes it easy but still jumps.
I am willing to upgrade a few parts, as well as fix major flaws, but I want the rig to evolve and get more reliable and durable as I upgrade.
I'd either get the K6 EXB for around $600-630 including tax, or a roller kagama for $377 w/tax. I have a radio and would buy a max8 g2 combo most likely.
Thoughts?

Also, if I was to get the kagama, which motor size and kv might I want?

Noticing the max6 is almost the same price, maybe that's a better option? For running 6s.

Last edited:
This is just a opinion

General being dumb going to skate park buy a rlaarlo terminator.
Kagama if you can get the parts, i think its a nice mix between the kraton and outcast as a stunt truck.
Kagama I think the new hobbywing 4278 fits. Stock system is fine but its needs a fan on motor.

Fireteam/Big rock 6s size wise more fun than 6s kraton in my book.
The kraton 6s exb is solid cant go wrong with it either.

No bad choices, you will be thinking about the ones you don't get anyway :D

Looking at one of these for general being dumb, including small skatepark jumps (yes, I know they will probably break), and low distance/height bad landings. I'm not duperbash, more of just somebody who knows they are learning and takes it easy but still jumps.
I am willing to upgrade a few parts, as well as fix major flaws, but I want the rig to evolve and get more reliable and durable as I upgrade.
I'd either get the K6 EXB for around $600-630 including tax, or a roller kagama for $377 w/tax. I have a radio and would buy a max8 g2 combo most likely.
Thoughts?

Also, if I was to get the kagama, which motor size and kv might I want?

Noticing the max6 is almost the same price, maybe that's a better option? For running 6s.
If you wanna go hard on upgrades there's not much point in the EXB since that's already upgraded significantly from normal Kraton. Part of the point of getting EXB is to not have to go through the trouble of upgrading. For skatepark notorious might be better fit, but kraton will be easier to drive for newer hobbyists. Only thing for the Kagama is make sure your local shop has parts regularly in stock. Another thing to consider would be the V1 MT410 from Tekno but it's probably going to be harder to get parts for that since they discontinued it.

Of the 2 mentioned, Kraton. Namely because parts are easier to source, upgrades too. Both are good, Kraton seems better supported in the US. For skatepark though, a 6s Notorious might be a better choice, IDK. Smaller rigs can be more forgiving and wallet friendly.

K6S BLX V5 , and upgrade when you break
This is what I went for. I wanted to do the upgrades myself as a crash course in getting familiar with the rig. With the K6s, I can find most parts I need on Amazon and have them delivered within 3 days. It's a beautiful thing.

Last edited:
For skatepark notorious might be better fit, but kraton will be easier to drive for newer hobbyists.
I never quite understood this advice. I have three Outcast/Notorious & one Kraton..... I have never felt the Kraton is easier to drive. The Kraton drives better, plus its easier to control if you don't tame the Notorious using the ESC settings but they aren't completely different driving experiences. Both have crazy power on 6s and take a little time to get used to.

Between the Kagama and the Kraton/Notorious it's always going to be Arrma for me. The cheap and widely available parts here in the US make them easy to keep running and there are endless aftermarket upgrades available, though there are only a handful that are really necessary. Like @cancelthefuture said, stock BLX model for economy and upgrade when something breaks, or EXB if you want to get ahead of things.

Last edited:
This is what I went for. I wanted to do the upgrades myself as a crash course in getting familiar with the rig. With the K6S, I can find most parts I need on Amazon and have them delivered within 3 days. It's a beautiful thing.
When I started in this hobby, some very wise people suggested I do that. To each their own, but Im glad thats what I did. EXB is a bit of an upgrade, but IMO not much compared to what else is out there for parts.

FWIW : My wifes Senton loves to shred its tires. Not an uncommon problem, as I learned. Had a lot of suggestions on what to do and they all would work. What did I end up doing? I could get 4 from Jennys for the price of one or 2 of the primo tires...... have ended up blowing 2 more, but I still have 2 left......

Lots of ways to do this..... sometimes just stock replacement is fine..... sometimes there is an upgrade for not much coin

JUST HAVE FUN !!!!

Skatepark and ARRMA only. I'd probably get a Notorious. Then some cheap aluminum bulkheads from Aliexpress, Aliexpress cheap aluminum (but not hollow) hinge pin suspension blocks, ADU center braces and chassis, and shorter 6s Mojave arms, driveshafts and re-use the Notorious' hubs/stub axles. Then get 'cheaper' Hot Racing +5mm hub hexes to be able to run the MT wheels/tires without clearance issues. The shorter Mojave Arms and Driveshafts won't break or bend near as easily. Ultimate 6s ARRMA jumper. For me, I'd take no chances and build that 😅.

Last edited:
I mean, you could probably take a Maxx, throw in the 6S driveshafts and spur from the Maxx Slash, and have a 6S basher more durable than a $1500 Kraton for half the price. 🤷‍♂️
On top of that, a set of hardened steel (machined) ring and pinions and still be less money. I know this is an ARRMA forum, but for a skatepark animal....you're right.

Something it's predecessor (like my built-up E-Maxx) could only dream be in it's 💦 dreams.

IMG_20201110_155119401.jpg

IMG_20201030_214245438~2.jpg

IMG_20201030_214222223~2.jpg

IMG_20201017_030703516.jpg

Last edited:
Back