Techno Shops // Automotive

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tex Koder

2D , 3D Not a problem. I'll take that Challenge.
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Mojave
  5. Nero
  6. Senton 3s
  7. Typhon 6s
  8. Vendetta
Just found a Very handy facility...

IMG_20231004_095908562.jpg

Two Full ovens

(Looks like they are prepping a Rivian R1S)

IMG_20231004_095906556.jpg

IMG_20231004_095823507_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231004_095839168.jpg

IMG_20231004_095835636.jpg

IMG_20231004_095803583.jpg

IMG_20231004_095759680.jpg

IMG_20231004_095806042.jpg

IMG_20231004_095741781.jpg

IMG_20231004_095714910.jpg

IMG_20231004_095709420.jpg

IMG_20231004_095536817.jpg

Looks like a shop I worked at years back. You can eat off the floors. (y) We did much Dealer contract work for Toyota, MB, Nissan and BMW.
Wow even 2 ovens???? Ovens cost beaucoup bucks for a nice down draft setup. Oven overhead alone to operate is costly. EPA regs require ovens/spray booths these days to operate. They need to recover the VOC's, whether using water borne paints or not.
Is that shop for rent?

Looks like a shop I worked at years back. You can eat off the floors. (y) We did much Dealer contract work for Toyota, MB, Nissan and BMW.
Wow even 2 ovens???? Ovens cost beaucoup bucks for a nice down draft setup. Oven overhead alone to operate is costly. EPA regs require ovens/spray booths these days to operate. They need to recover the VOC's, whether using water borne paints or not.
Is that shop for rent?

It's a nice little community college**..
Not too far from me.

So... for the price of a local class..
Let's say welding, electrical or whatever tickles your fancy..
I think I can talk my way into the use of one of those sweet , sweet ovens.

**brand new ,that just opened up.

Car painters make good coin. Also guys who work with the "frame" machines.
I myself did assembly, trim and paint prep in the oven. I learned how to mount a car to a frame rack using the factory specs. I didn't do the actual straightening however. That was the difficult part. I worked with the painters as well. How I learned painting. My specialty was interiors. I was the go to for that work. Dashboard removal/assembly and all. I was also the final say before delivery back to the Dealer. I road tested all of them. Many nice exotic cars...
My boss liked that I was anal.:LOL:
I was in my 20's back then, after working for a Toyota dealer. How I got a good reference.

Last edited:
The shop is that clean because it is a training school.
A real shop would be filled with cars in various stages, and would be somewhat dirtier, until days end when it is cleaned for the next day.

This guy is my idol. I watch him all the time. The Car Care Nut. He runs the cleanest shop I have ever seen. (y) His video and editing is top notch, has his own camerman too.
He washes the cars before they even enter for service.:giggle: He works like a surgeon doing Open Heart surgery. Easy to follow what he does.
He is very anal. And the top dog with Toyota's.
I do all my DIY stuff. And he helps DIY'ers as well as Pros.
I don't live in IL. but if I did I would even pay him to do my work. His work is one and done. Right the first time.
He reminds me of a Master Tech I worked under, when I first started at the Toyota dealer as a tech.
He convinced the Dealer's owner that I was worthy of sending to Toyota's training school. Where I learned much about Toyota's and general auto repair. But I was a gear head anyway when I was 13 yo. Working on my parents cars in the middle of the night in the garage . Performance tuning them etc, without them even knowing.:ROFLMAO:

If you own a Toyota specifically, whether you are a DIY guy or not, this guy is great to follow. Hands down. He worked at a dealer and did side work at home., and during Covid decided to leave and open his own shop. He is very busy and you need a reservation. Some people actually ship their cars to him in IL. from all over the USA for major repairs. Lexus and Toyota's Only.

https://www.bing.com/videos/rivervi...DBD6FD57CF823365E5FDDBD6FD57CF82&&FORM=VRDGAR

https://www.youtube.com/@TheCarCareNut/videos

Last edited:
Yeah it's all about the $tools and equipment$. When my job at the A/B shop moved out of state, the owner offered me one of his fairly new lifts for free. If I just removed it myself. He had got 5 new lifts for his new location. It was cheaper for him. The Garage I rented at the time was not tall enough to use it.:confused:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back