Kraton that did'nt take long.....sigh

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott_0

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
so, I picked up a shiny new Kraton at my LHS, well 45mi lol so not too local, sad to see hobby shops slowly dying off. But anyways, I had been tossing over getting back into RC, I last had an HPI fire storm or something like that, an 1/8 nitro truggy, so I got to looking around again, I was about to buy an E Revo but saw the Kraton compared really well to it, so I chose the Kraton. got a V3 with two 3s batteries, a charger, and a lipo bag and went on my way, got home and got the cells charged and off I went, omg!!!! the power of this thing is simply amazing!!!! I got about 15-20 minutes into my first packs and carelessly smacked into our trash bin, snapped a right front lower control arm! I order a replacement pair of arms from Tower, but now I need to wait through Christmas to feel the rush of this thing again! I am hooked

Don’t let it get you down Scott. Does the no so local hobby shop carry any parts? eBay is the best place to by replacement parts online imo. Tower is wonderful but I’m on the east coast so I use Jennysrc on eBay. They are in Jersey and get stuff to me in 2 days. I keep a spare set of arms around for each car. Also should keep a set of dog bones too. Nothing worse than getting your arms in the mail then notice the dog bone is missing from the crash...
The Kraton is a very durable car if you don’t land on or hit a single wheel head on. It cannot be avoided sometimes. Good luck with the Kraton and stop back when you get it going again.
Jim

so, I picked up a shiny new Kraton at my LHS, well 45mi lol so not too local, sad to see hobby shops slowly dying off. But anyways, I had been tossing over getting back into RC, I last had an HPI fire storm or something like that, an 1/8 nitro truggy, so I got to looking around again, I was about to buy an E Revo but saw the Kraton compared really well to it, so I chose the Kraton. got a V3 with two 3s batteries, a charger, and a lipo bag and went on my way, got home and got the cells charged and off I went, omg!!!! the power of this thing is simply amazing!!!! I got about 15-20 minutes into my first packs and carelessly smacked into our trash bin, snapped a right front lower control arm! I order a replacement pair of arms from Tower, but now I need to wait through Christmas to feel the rush of this thing again! I am hooked
Those "insert random immovable object" just jump right out in front of me from time to time.

Don’t let it get you down Scott. Does the no so local hobby shop carry any parts? eBay is the best place to by replacement parts online imo. Tower is wonderful but I’m on the east coast so I use Jennysrc on eBay. They are in Jersey and get stuff to me in 2 days. I keep a spare set of arms around for each car. Also should keep a set of dog bones too. Nothing worse than getting your arms in the mail then notice the dog bone is missing from the crash...
The Kraton is a very durable car if you don’t land on or hit a single wheel head on. It cannot be avoided sometimes. Good luck with the Kraton and stop back when you get it going again.
Jim
I didn't check, I know not the brightest not to check lol, but I won't be able to get back up there until Friday at the earliest, they have a nice deal on a Futaba radio I have my eye on, so I will likely head up then. Thanks on the ebay seller, I will look into them

Did the same thing with my Talion. Hated having to wait for parts.
yes, and I'm very impatient too lol

You need to get some of this. Sometimes if the break is in the right place you and connect the half’s with this and it’s just as strong if not stronger if you wrap enough layers. You stretch it and create tension and each layer fused together as you wrap it.

You need to get some of this. Sometimes if the break is in the right place you and connect the half’s with this and it’s just as strong if not stronger if you wrap enough layers. You stretch it and create tension and each layer fused together as you wrap it.

lol seems legit

Don't forget to check out Jennys Rc. You can buy brand new, stock parts, at a fraction of the cost. They tear down kits and part them out. If you're not big on upgrades, it's a great place to pick up new replacement parts.

If something doesn't break eventually how much FUN are we having? Spares, spares and Jenny's RC for me in CT. Have a blast Scott.

Ha, that's basically an instant replay of last weekend for me, but I hit a fence post. Easy fix though, you'll have no trouble.

Don't forget to check out Jennys Rc. You can buy brand new, stock parts, at a fraction of the cost. They tear down kits and part them out. If you're not big on upgrades, it's a great place to pick up new replacement parts.

Yup. I bought A-Arms, the screw set and couple other things. Its good to have these parts on hand. When I do break something Im back out in minutes

Teflon tape on steroids:p

If something doesn't break eventually how much FUN are we having? Spares, spares and Jenny's RC for me in CT. Have a blast Scott.
If you ain't breaking stuff you aren't having enough fun.

If you ain't breaking stuff you aren't having enough fun.

Have you ever heard the term rubbing is racing? Well I say breaking is bashing!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back