The Big Rock is Back! Big Rock 6S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just for reference, an uncut and unpainted Pro-line 1/10 Fusion short course body is $40. Pre-cut it's $52. Pre-cut and pre-painted is $73.

I think $90 for a pre-cut and pre-painted 1/7 truck body is actually OK.

Ive run the Proline Silverado 13.9 WB body (.060 lexan) on my XL rig quiet a bit with lots of crashes including landing upside down a few times and it is still in great overall shape. Scratched and one corner of the back is a little rough, but lots of life left. Under 1 pound with gorilla tape reinforcement and no cage or roll hoops used with it. $62 for it unpainted/untrimmed, far more durable than the expensive 2 pound Fireteam body that cost 3 times more.
If they would just use thicker lexan on stock bodies the cage wouldn't be needed, just excess weight and cost IMO.

Ive run the Proline Silverado 13.9 WB body (.060 lexan) on my XL rig quiet a bit with lots of crashes including landing upside down a few times and it is still in great overall shape. Scratched and one corner of the back is a little rough, but lots of life left. Under 1 pound with gorilla tape reinforcement and no cage or roll hoops used with it. $62 for it unpainted/untrimmed, far more durable than the expensive 2 pound Fireteam body that cost 3 times more.
If they would just use thicker lexan on stock bodies the cage wouldn't be needed, just excess weight and cost IMO.

I was not impressed with the body panels on the Fireteam what so ever the roll cage is great but the body panels are complete garbage. It took 2 packs with some minor tumbles and rollovers to break every single body panel most of them are held on by hopes and dreams at this point.

Whats worse is the replacement clear body pieces are sold in 2 different sets on Horizon. The body panels are $50 and guard panels are $45. Thats $95 for pieces that break very easily. Inner body is $40 and only includes the gun guys' bodies, no guns, arms, or heads! 🤣🤣🤣 Replacement roll cage is $70...:rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:
FT body.PNG

Whats worse is the replacement clear body pieces are sold in 2 different sets on Horizon. The body panels are $50 and guard panels are $45. Thats $95 for pieces that break very easily. Inner body is $40 and only includes the gun guys' bodies, no guns, arms, or heads! 🤣🤣🤣 Replacement roll cage is $70...:rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:View attachment 331331
I think for the price, I'd just run a cage without the panels..or make my own.

I'll say, I'd love to put a Big Rock 6s body on my Kraton XL. Perhaps when JRC gets some in maybe, but I gotta feeling the price is gonna be $150 or more.. the pre painted body at $90 sounds okay..until you have to buy all the bits not included (guessing here)..plus mounts? Eh.. BR 6s is not THAT good looking.🤷‍♂️ we'll have to wait and see.

I'll say, I'd love to put a Big Rock 6s body on my Kraton XL. Perhaps when JRC gets some in maybe, but I gotta feeling the price is gonna be $150 or more.. the pre painted body at $90 sounds okay..until you have to buy all the bits not included (guessing here)..plus mounts? Eh.. BR 6s is not THAT good looking.🤷‍♂️ we'll have to wait and see.
That would be cool for sure !! Only one person found my comment funny !! Come on men. I got Dad jokes for days..

I thought so, LOL. Aside from the influencers, I haven't heard of anyone getting one yet.
I was hoping the tires would be a good option but after watching rcdude81 and Jaytee they seem like they have less traction than the Backflips. Im afraid the body is going to be crazy overpriced not to mention heavy.
I think its a solid rig overall though, especially for anyone that doesn't own a 1/7 Arrma.

I was hoping the tires would be a good option but after watching rcdude81 and Jaytee they seem like they have less traction than the Backflips. Im afraid the body is going to be crazy overpriced not to mention heavy.
I think its a solid rig overall though, especially for anyone that doesn't own a 1/7 Arrma.
The Backflips are hard to beat. I like the stock K6 tires as well.

The Backflips are hard to beat. I like the stock K6 tires as well.
Yeah, I wrote the CH2's off when I first used them on my Kraton, swapped them out for BF LP's. Then BF MT's, now back to CH2's..
I'd say the BF LP's are my favorite but the sidewalls give up too easily on 6s, BF MT's too greasy and heavy. I mainly run on hard pack clay though, atypical I suppose. The CH2's are lighter and more predictable, still greasy though. I think I'd like to try some BR LP's if they ever made them, but the full size version, nah.

Yeah, I wrote the CH2's off when I first used them on my Kraton, swapped them out for BF LP's. Then BF MT's, now back to CH2's..
I'd say the BF LP's are my favorite but the sidewalls give up too easily on 6s, BF MT's too greasy and heavy. I mainly run on hard pack clay though, atypical I suppose. The CH2's are lighter and more predictable, still greasy though. I think I'd like to try some BR LP's if they ever made them, but the full size version, nah.
the inserts don't seem to last long on the ch2s

the inserts don't seem to last long on the ch2s
True, mine are pretty soft. While they are 2 years old, they've hardly seen the light of day in those 2 years. The BF LP foams are pretty crappy too. They went south rather quickly on me. They are intended for plastic 4s rigs though so, I can understand that. Most rtr foams have been a disappointment for me thus far. So wish someone would make MT closed cell or at least quality inserts.. frustrating to see otherwise good tires become unusable.

Back