Kraton The Kraton is a Beast!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wheels park in Aurora, no more rc track it got bulldozed. They still have a BMX track and dirt jump track. I'm hoping they are just going to rebuild the rc track but I doubt it.
Same thing happened to one of the tracks I run on. However it's only because they're making it bigger and better for 1/8 scale racing. There's also a drone racing course just to my right, but it's hard to see.

Last edited:
IMG_0441.JPG
I've heard that a slash done up the right way can take a beating

I love the Slash Ultimate. I purchased it as a roller. The MIP drive shafts with Axial pins and the RPM arms really make it shine. The Slash takes a whoopin.

Traxxas make great 2wd cars... Ive got a rustler with mt wheels on it and a rustler with st wheels and a bandit body on it. Ive broken a 5 dollar part on each. My mates slash in the other hand..... He's spent more than the car cost on upgrades and it still breaks something everytime he takes it out ! Been telling him for ages he shouldve just bought a senton ! And after finally getting myself a typhon and a kraton for xmas i showed him 2 days ago what theyre like... He just kind of sat there with his mouth open... It was great ! :p
The kraton is so awesome ! And the typhon is just flat out fast ! Theyre both fantastic cars...

View attachment 5357

I love the Slash Ultimate. I purchased it as a roller. The MIP drive shafts with Axial pins and the RPM arms really make it shine. The Slash takes a whoopin.
Looks good bro, use to run Trenchers before I converted to Backslash setup, just put a set on son's Typhon that I intend to borrow for Slash, too. Wish they made that style brace for Arrmas, heard it's very light yet solid. I too run MIP x-duties with Axial pins and RPM arms, however pins now split at threadline running 2200 Sidewinder 8th combo. They keep going regardless, I just swap a new one in when I realize pin is half gone. I put my 1415 2400 into my daughter's 2wd ECX Ruckus and geared it up. Wheely bar is now absolute must plus Hot Racing metal spur.

Traxxas make great 2wd cars... Ive got a rustler with mt wheels on it and a rustler with st wheels and a bandit body on it. Ive broken a 5 dollar part on each. My mates slash in the other hand..... He's spent more than the car cost on upgrades and it still breaks something everytime he takes it out ! Been telling him for ages he shouldve just bought a senton ! And after finally getting myself a typhon and a kraton for xmas i showed him 2 days ago what theyre like... He just kind of sat there with his mouth open... It was great ! :p
The kraton is so awesome ! And the typhon is just flat out fast ! Theyre both fantastic cars...
The Rustler takes one heck of a beating and soars like a bird from everything I've seen and heard.

Yep, rustler is a great car...and very fast. But i also like buggys which is why i made one up with a bandit body. And with the different wheels and shocks they drive nothing alike which is good....
I just feel sorry for them at the moment as the haven't been touched since i got my kraton and typhon !

If the Senton was out when I got my Slash...I would get the Senton instead. however.... getting them as rollers is much better than ready to run.

To tell you guys the truth.... I can't find another rc that I like more than the Kraton. I searched for months to pull the trigger on something new... I never did. I feel the 1/8 scale buggy platform is perfect for size, simplicity and the Kraton has enough strength to really run on 6S. I'm not a fan of the Nero style of chassis.... I like it but rather not own it.

Last edited:
I had the Nero and sold it. Drove heavy for a lack of a better description. Like a fat guy running the 100m dash... The Kraton is like an Olympic athlete. Plus the durability issues the Nero has made me not want to drive it the way I like. Anyone know if you can convert the senton to a rally car? I have a Vaterra Rally but it's discontinued and I'm afraid parts will be scarce soon. A senton won't break, so converting that would be ideal!

I had the Nero and sold it. Drove heavy for a lack of a better description. Like a fat guy running the 100m dash... The Kraton is like an Olympic athlete. Plus the durability issues the Nero has made me not want to drive it the way I like. Anyone know if you can convert the senton to a rally car? I have a Vaterra Rally but it's discontinued and I'm afraid parts will be scarce soon. A senton won't break, so converting that would be ideal!
I had the same problem man. Just sold my Nero. I'm too abusive for it and can't drive it the way I feel I should be able to for a $800 truck. Just got a Kraton roller, so I'll be sticking with that for a while. A couple friends have the Kraton and love it. Already have diff shim parts ready to go and bunch of other parts/ upgrades since it was just a roller!

My Slash is rebuilt with a Robinson racing gen 3 and a Tekno drive shaft. It's all added weight but hope it's way stronger. What a pain to instal. I have the hot Racing motor mount and larger bearing. I was running a Hot Racing aluminum spur with the Titanium coating on it. That was ok but now I want to see how the hardened steel does in it. The air time this Slash sees is crazy. The Trenchers on 17mm hexes make this thing real fun also. Love the Trenchers. I one day may see if I can swap some of the Slash into a Senton roller.

Hahaha this topic is so true!
Same experience here....bought an E-Revo and never ever managed to empty a single battery pack without breaking it (diff's, bearings, driveshafts). Sold it, bought a Kraton and it is soooooooo much better. Put a few upgades on it and now it's awesome. No more Traxxas for me!

Come on guys. Traxxas is not that bad. Problem is they can't take big power lipo setups. Traxxas uses too much plastic, things are not rigid enough to take that type of abuse. If you want crazy power and lots of big jumps the traxxas is not going to survive that without alot of money on hop-ups...

I agree, ARRMA has the RTR 6S capable market locked in. There is almost nothing out there at this price point that you can beat down like the Kraton. The entire drive train is steel, They started with good DNA from Durango DEXT and with the 2nd Gen electronics I would recommend this to any of my friends. The only thing I would recommend for the Gen 3 product is fixing the battery box and putting a thicker more durable body on the truck. The OUTCAST and NERO big rock body are thicker than the older bodies, so it CAN be done.

Come on guys. Traxxas is not that bad. Problem is they can't take big power lipo setups. Traxxas uses too much plastic, things are not rigid enough to take that type of abuse. If you want crazy power and lots of big jumps the traxxas is not going to survive that without alot of money on hop-ups...

I agree, ARRMA has the RTR 6S capable market locked in. There is almost nothing out there at this price point that you can beat down like the Kraton. The entire drive train is steel, They started with good DNA from Durango DEXT and with the 2nd Gen electronics I would recommend this to any of my friends. The only thing I would recommend for the Gen 3 product is fixing the battery box and putting a thicker more durable body on the truck. The OUTCAST and NERO big rock body are thicker than the older bodies, so it CAN be done.
Good post! Could'nt agree more

I agree as well, Well stated!

Same experience here....bought an E-Revo and never ever managed to empty a single battery pack without breaking it (diff's, bearings, driveshafts). Sold it, bought a Kraton and it is soooooooo much better. Put a few upgades on it and now it's awesome. No more Traxxas for me!
Could not agree more. That brand leaves a bad taste in my mouth. They have been resting on their laurels for way too long. It's time for Hobby Shops to stop pedalling Traxxas all day and wake up that their are just as good and better for a better cost and stop letting them overcharge and under innovate. (Do i sound Jaded? That hole in my wallet from the E-Revo says yes).

Overcharge is an understatement !
At my LHS the slash ultimate is $999 here in Aus..e-revo $1099.

The Kraton is $699... So much car for such a bargin price !

Overcharge is an understatement !
At my LHS the slash ultimate is $999 here in Aus..e-revo $1099.

The Kraton is $699... So much car for such a bargin price !
Indeed. Bought my Erevo for 759. Sold for 400 a month later. Bought Kraton for about 430 with that money, never looked back.

Thats cheap... US price ??
I currently have my mates slash at my house for repairs... He brought it over in 2 parts ! He had a go with my kraton and i showed his missus whats under the hood....
She told him to go buy one ! :-D

This is literally the exact scenario I had. 1st ever run on my brand new erevo (mind you it was on 6s) i blew the rear diff. fixed the rear diff, then broke a drive shaft. THEN, get this. replaced the plastic driveshafts with the "high velocity drive shafts" and THEN ONE OF THEM BENT THE FIRST RUN. i sold my gf's slash and now she has an outcast on the way. i still own a rustler and a kraton, though.

Thats cheap... US price ??
I currently have my mates slash at my house for repairs... He brought it over in 2 parts ! He had a go with my kraton and i showed his missus whats under the hood....
She told him to go buy one ! :-D
Yes, it's around 499 here but with coupon codes you can get down to about 430 often. Can you not order from Tower Hobbies in the land down under? I laughed when I read "I showed his missus whats under the hood"! Now that sounds dirty! LOL. Love the sheila's in Aus. Your a lucky man mate.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back