Talion Talion XLWB, what a beast!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumguy75

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
Converted my Fireteam to a Talion XL and this thing is such a monster! The sale price was my reason for buying the Fireteam even though I wanted a Talion. Seemed converting it was the obvious thing to do after I lost a bash spot where higher ground clearance was important. No knock on the Fireteam setup, its a great rig.

Pretty easy to convert, just changed out the Fireteam shock towers and shock shafts with the Talion versions. Also adjusted the droop setting for a lower ride. Running a Max6 and Hobbystar 4092 on Backflip LPs with 19/50 gearing currently (was running 21 but gearing down for summer.)

What a pure blast to drive! Fast, agile, responsive and awesome watching the dust clouds fly from the ground behind the tires.😁 I finally had a bash spot open up that's more dirt than grass, not many rocks, and enough dips and small bumps to keep things interesting. I've run about 12 packs of 6s in a row with lots of full throttle and haven't broken a thing!🤗 I went 3 packs of 6s in a row at one point without any kind of crash or rollover, this thing is planted!
I've tumbled several times since that, but so far no breakage. The red Proline Silverado body has held up well to the tumbles. Really putting a smile on my face and I've seriously needed that this week.🙂

20230804_172931.jpg
20230804_173017.jpg

Last edited:
What are the temps on this? I have had my hobbystar 4092 get very hot in the talion with a 13/50 gearing with BF lps. My talion is very lightweight. I have been told to gear my car higher so the motor isn't operating at max rpm.
My 4092 is a 1450kv, is yiur kv higher? Im usually at 150-160 at the end of a 6000mah 6s pack.
I refuse to believe it's a talion xl without a wing!!!! :ROFLMAO:
What if I write Talion on the side with a sharpie? Lol
Ive had awful luck with every wing and wing mount i try including 3drc mounts., Got tired of teplacing after every other tumble so only my street typhon gets one. 🤷‍♂️ :ROFLMAO:

That looks great! I’ve never tried or run a Kraton, but I think I’m edging closer. It seems to be the all around favorite of a bunch of people, and the added stability would be great.

My 4092 is a 1450kv, is yiur kv higher? Im usually at 150-160 at the end of a 6000mah 6s pack.

What if I write Talion on the side with a sharpie? Lol
Ive had awful luck with every wing and wing mount i try including 3drc mounts., Got tired of teplacing after every other tumble so only my street typhon gets one. 🤷‍♂️ :ROFLMAO:
I run 1730kv. I might just need to get a larger pinion.

I run 1730kv. I might just need to get a larger pinion.
You need to go up to 18 19 or 20 which is what I run on that motor. That body looks great!
Does that body have a part no.? How much weight did your truck loose changing bodies?
hell you may be able to run a 22 tooth pinion. Nice rig!!!
I replied to the first two comments so if I’m not making sense I just woke up and ain’t too sharp anyway 😴😜

I've had awful luck with every wing and wing mount i try including 3drc mounts., Got tired of replacing after every other tumble so only my street typhon gets one. 🤷‍♂️ :ROFLMAO:
You gotta try the #EastTactics mod for the wing mount. I've even used the longer mounting bolts on the RPM mounts with great success.

Loving the red Ext cab Chevy body on yours. I grabbed a 90's style one for my Kraton to Talion EXB build. But it might end up on another build because I like the low slung EXB body.

Does that body have a part no.? How much weight did your truck loose changing bodies?
hell you may be able to run a 22 tooth pinion. Nice rig!!!
I replied to the first two comments so if I’m not making sense I just woke up and ain’t too sharp anyway 😴😜

Its a Proline 13.9 crawler body:
https://www.prolineracing.com/produ...t-silverado-clear-body-13.9-wb/PRO358500.html

After painting and reinforcing with gorilla tape, it weighs in around 15 ounces, so a full pound lighter than the Fireteam body/cage.

Love my Talions. One is the EXB, the other is a scratch built XL. I put Kraton stub axles and hubs on it to make it wide. Probably my favourite rig to drive. Fast as hell with the HW MAX6 and 1650kv.

IMG_0223.jpeg

Thought I would add the full length truck body requires extra reinforcement since there is no wing to help protect it. I just cut a piece of kydex to reinforce the body mount areas and secured it with gorilla tape:
20230806_092655.jpg

You could also use some of the lexan leftover from trimming out the body.

I do love this look with the red 4 door truck body, painted it to remind me of my brother's GMC we had a bunch of wild times in back in the 90's. Will probably run it like a truck most of the time, but now I can't help but wonder how it would look with a custom painted Talion body and wing. Its all your fault @Moirae ! :ROFLMAO:
My favorite "work" in this hobby is painting bodies for rigs, so its only fitting to see a Talion body on this one. I typically have at 2 or 3 custom painted bodies sitting on standby for each rig. I don't have any on standby for my this one so need to paint a couple. :cool:

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back