Typhon The Maximum Shock Oil to use in Typhon 3S v3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AshBegash

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
Hello Everyone, I'm willing to change the oil for the front shocks for my Typhon 3s to thicker oil, so it can be better in jumps and landings (to stop hitting the floor when lands), especially the front shocks, As it is softer than the rear shocks because it sets more vertical than rear shocks, the manual says the oil to use is 500cst = 40wt, I would like to add a thicker oil, Thinking about 800cst = 60wt, anyone tried this want to share the experience?

Hello Everyone, I'm willing to change the oil for the front shocks for my Typhon 3s to thicker oil, so it can be better in jumps and landings (to stop hitting the floor when lands), especially the front shocks, As it is softer than the rear shocks because it sets more vertical than rear shocks, the manual says the oil to use is 500cst = 40wt, I would like to add a thicker oil, Thinking about 800cst = 60wt, anyone tried this want to share the experience?
Welcome to the forum. If you like you can increase to 60 but bear in mind that chassis slap on landings is desirable. You can tone it down a bit, but don’t try to eliminate it entirely or 100% of the landing forces will be transmitted to your shocks, shock standoffs, shock towers, pin blocks, etc. and you will start to bend and break things.

Welcome to the forum. If you like you can increase to 60 but bear in mind that chassis slap on landings is desirable. You can tone it down a bit, but don’t try to eliminate it entirely or 100% of the landing forces will be transmitted to your shocks, shock standoffs, shock towers, pin blocks, etc. and you will start to bend and break things.
I agree with Dan. My weren't full enough when purchased so I got extra bottle of 40wt. Chassis slap is good but sometimes chassis slap = chassis snap! :LOL: i have 2 typhon 3S and a new chassis is only 8 bucks which is much cheaper than shocks. So don't be afraid to send it!

IMG_20230525_144944148_HDR.jpg

;)Thanks Dan,Thanks Jhonny, I just want to balance between both shocks F&R , as the front of more smooth and it's not adjustable in the typhon, so I want to balance between the smoothness of it and the landing.
But yeah, Jhonny, the chassis price sounds even cheaper that the oil bottles, I can start with 650cst = 50wt

;)Thanks Dan,Thanks Jhonny, I just want to balance between both shocks F&R , as the front of more smooth and it's not adjustable in the typhon, so I want to balance between the smoothness of it and the landing.
But yeah, Jhonny, the chassis price sounds even cheaper that the oil bottles, I can start with 650cst = 50wt
Yes, but personally I wouldn't go any heavier than 50 for that rig or you might find it hopping all over the place...to stiff.

I have used 60wt in my Typhon 3s, still too soft to my opinion. You get more damping, but you still have the soft springs. The oil controls the movement of the springs, it slows down the movement with thicker oil, but for impact from a jump, you need to look into stronger springs.
I ended up with 6s shocks with Mojave and Talion springs, because I didn't get what I wanted with the 3s shocks.
6s shocks are great, better on all levels.

But go ahead with 60wt oil, it is fine, but I don't think you get what you are looking for.

Thank you Neelis, sounds good idea to also have a stronger spring, with the same stock shocks, the best solution was if the shocks had adjustable locations, which would save more and make it tougher, anyway, I'll modify most things, and will keep you guys posted.

Thank you Neelis, sounds good idea to also have a stronger spring, with the same stock shocks, the best solution was if the shocks had adjustable locations, which would save more and make it tougher, anyway, I'll modify most things, and will keep you guys posted.
I think with RPM arms you will have a second mounting position for the shock.

I think with RPM arms you will have a second mounting position for the shock.
Changing the RPM arms will be more expensive, I will change the springs , the front, to stiffer couple, but am not sure which stiffness to order, the stock are **Stiffness: 5.71lb/in (1.00N/mm)**, what do you recommend?

Back