The most expensive traxxas vehicle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ripping off a design does not mean it has to be cheaper. Everything is going to be a ripoff of some other design, there really is nothing left to innovate other than the electronics. Arrma is just too lazy to fix the old Nero design to not use the Revo suspension, but then it would look like a Savage.
The design was to keep the f1 style suspension. At this point with all the patents they have to redesign from pretty much scratch the whole platform and recycle the name. The bigrock one was already recycled we know how it went . Just a fireteam that has its time counted.

Hahahaha so happy he overpaid crap. The looks are great but I could made you such a car for much less what he paid.
As I allways say, stopp buying stuff from Traxxas. They have been and they allways will be thiefs in many ways. Does not mather how good one or two cars of them are.

Hahahaha so happy he overpaid crap. The looks are great but I could made you such a car for much less what he paid.
As I allways say, stopp buying stuff from Traxxas. They have been and they allways will be thiefs in many ways. Does not mather how good one or two cars of them are.

How much would it cost you to make one?

To make one better than Traxxas? Easy, $30 worth of parts and an hour of spare time! I already dunnit myself, ain't giving those thieves my money, mine looks better anyway!!

diy model.png

You’re right, that looks way better than the Traxxas one. Surprised you didn’t take the Arrma approach of slapping a different body and wheels on an existing model and calling it a “ground breaking new basher”

You’re right, that looks way better than the Traxxas one. Surprised you didn’t take the Arrma approach of slapping a different body and wheels on an existing model and calling it a “ground breaking new basher”
there aren't many companys that do otherwise........

Last edited:
That do what? Actually make something new?

Most of what we see today is either rehashes or updates to current platforms. Seems like the only ones coming out with anything "new" are the Chinese companies.

Most of what we see today is either rehashes or updates to current platforms. Seems like the only ones coming out with anything "new" are the Chinese companies.

This thread is literally about something new, but because it’s Traxxas, it gets dumped on.

This thread is literally about something new, but because it’s Traxxas, it gets dumped on.

Yeah people on here drink too much of the Arrma cool-aid. They think they are being cool because they hate Traxxas. Makes them look like a complete tool imho. My favorite are the guys that say they don't support Traxxas because of their immoral business practices and they don't support businesses with immoral business practices all the while posting on their iPhone then going shopping on Amazon........................ :rolleyes:

I like the YouTube video that started this and the fact that Traxxas is trying something new.... but it's posted on the Arrma forum so you can expect some pushback. I'm headed over the the Chevy forum next to talk about my F150 Lightning. :)
My favorite are the guys that say they don't support Traxxas because of their immoral business practices and they don't support businesses with immoral business practices all the while posting on their iPhone then going shopping on Amazon
I am one of the guys who doesn't like Traxxas much. I'm not a fan of the Arrma lawsuit or the constant stream of threatening letters they send all the small companies who are eeking out a living selling upgrades to their products. I still wouldn't rule out owning one if they made something I couldn't live without, but it definitely colors my decisions. And yes I use an iPhone after years of resisting and shop at Amazon.

Traxxas drives me crazy with the unique plug shapes on the battery & charger. Their tires/rims can't be used on my other cars. The clipless body mounts force you to buy their bodies or at least ones with the same shape so it's hard to give your RC its own identity (This is now infecting Arrma in the Big Rock & Grom, expect even more).

I will give it to Traxxas, that they seem to innovate faster than everyone else in pursuit of new avenues to make money. But I'm not going to stop grumbling about some of the things they do and I really hope Arrma has some tricks up their sleeve other than a Kraton 6.0.:)

My biggest gripe with Traxxas have been the wheel/tires but maybe the new belted Traxxas 8s wheels/tires actually hold up compared to the older ones.

I expect good wheels/tires when they charge more but so far its been bad.
The stock old XRT wheels/tires atleast they are not crap.

Traxxas 6s Sledge 699.95$
Corally 6s Starting from 419.99$
Arrma 6s Starting from 499.99$

Last edited:
Its a car you need to gamble on snap on tool to have a chance to win it. Its a new car technical speaking. But nobody will run it. Its a show piece like a diecast model. It wasnt made for the base costumers of traxxas. It was made for a company that likes to to do deals with traxxas. It would be another thing is traxxas came out with this for 300$ for everyone to buy

I like the YouTube video that started this and the fact that Traxxas is trying something new.... but it's posted on the Arrma forum so you can expect some pushback. I'm headed over the the Chevy forum next to talk about my F150 Lightning. :)

I am one of the guys who doesn't like Traxxas much. I'm not a fan of the Arrma lawsuit or the constant stream of threatening letters they send all the small companies who are eeking out a living selling upgrades to their products. I still wouldn't rule out owning one if they made something I couldn't live without, but it definitely colors my decisions. And yes I use an iPhone after years of resisting and shop at Amazon.

Traxxas drives me crazy with the unique plug shapes on the battery & charger. Their tires/rims can't be used on my other cars. The clipless body mounts force you to buy their bodies or at least ones with the same shape so it's hard to give your RC its own identity (This is now infecting Arrma in the Big Rock & Grom, expect even more).

I will give it to Traxxas, that they seem to innovate faster than everyone else in pursuit of new avenues to make money. But I'm not going to stop grumbling about some of the things they do and I really hope Arrma has some tricks up their sleeve other than a Kraton 6.0.:)
I agree with a lot of this. I went my first year into the hobby thinking I would NEVER EVER own a traxxas rig. I definitely was a traxxas hater though I tended to keep it to myself for the most part. Then they came out with the XRT and I felt like I couldn't not get it. As much as I disliked traxxas the XRT was sexy af to me from the moment I saw it. Liked it so much I got us 3 of them. I still hate the majority of poop traxxas does though and a lot of it is the proprietary bullshit and the sue happy attitude toward small businesses. As much as I don't prefer them I have no problems buying a traxxas rig if it's something I think is great.

As far as Mark goes, I think he is a big ass traxxas fanboy and I don't watch his videos because of it.

Last edited:
“The IRS expects that if you start a business, you intend to make money at it. If you don't, your business might be a hobby. To determine if your business is a hobby, the IRS looks at numerous factors, including the following: Do you put in the necessary time and effort to turn a profit?”

At least for a LLC, I believe you can only write off expenses against the income of that entity (which is separate from personal income). But I’m not a tax accountant, so do your own due

Keep in mind that everything these guys buy that's rc-related can be written off if in the US. Need AA batteries for the house? That's a write-off for the youtube channel. Need NEW wheels for the kraton? Write-off. When you do your taxes this year on turbotax do a little test and see how much less you'll pay in taxes if everything you bought this year was for your "business".

Also, in reference to Trxaxxas, just because a business is successful does not mean that a majority of people "like" them or think they have the best product. I can't remember the last time I heard someone say they liked McDonalds or that they had the best food or fast food. In other words, selling a lot of something does not mean that that something is exceptional. I just find it strange when someone says they don't like the value of traxxas products, then inevitably someone else chimes in LOL they're the highest selling brand!
Lol I had family that have done this. Groceries, beer, trips, clothes, gas, everything is written off for the "business and marketing/sales".

I think you made some incorrect assumptions and as a result have come to some conclusions that are far off the mark. (No pun intended).

He gets free cars from Traxxas and Arrma, among other brands. I really wish he would tag them with the “paid promotion” tag like you’re supposed to though…
You don't think he is making at least $150K a year off his channel? Seems like he lives the good life and works when he wants.

I agree with a lot of this. I went my first year into the hobby thinking I would NEVER EVER own a traxxas rig. I definitely was a traxxas hater though I tended to keep it to myself for the most part. Then they came out with the XRT and I felt like I couldn't not get it. As much as I disliked traxxas the XRT was sexy af to me from the moment I saw it. Liked it so much I got us 3 of them. I still hate the majority of poop traxxas does though and a lot of it is the proprietary bullshit and the sue happy attitude toward small businesses. As much as I don't prefer them I have no problems buying a traxxas rig if it's something I think is great.

As far as Mark goes, I think he is a big ass traxxas fanboy and I don't watch his videos because of it.
This talk about MSM reminded me of what you said about Thunder rc a while back, ur right, there's a new "best basher ever" about every month (or less) on his channel, LOL!! 🤔🤷‍♂️🤣

Lol I had family that have done this. Groceries, beer, trips, clothes, gas, everything is written off for the "business and marketing/sales".

You don't think he is making at least $150K a year off his channel? Seems like he lives the good life and works when he wants.
The work when he wants is not reallly true. He has made a video on how he works so much for ckntent that his physical health has been impacted. He said he can berely walk out of bed a wek ago or so

This talk about MSM reminded me of what you said about Thunder rc a while back, ur right, there's a new "best basher ever" about every month (or less) on his channel, LOL!! 🤔🤷‍♂️🤣
haha I actually just unsubscribed from thunder the other day. I finally got tired of those dumb titles and thumbnails. They always have the opposite of the intended effect on me :ROFLMAO:

Back