Kraton the new wheels are going on tomorrow,need this part help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slick

Reaction score
i can’t believe the new wheels didn’t come with those inserts

IMG_7528.jpeg

What did you expect?
They are not the CH 2 stocker wheels.
No help here with this issue. Is what it is.:unsure: What are you looking for? A metal insert molded into every aftermarket wheel.
Stay with the stocker wheels it it matters to you.
Perhaps it's not even much of an issue at that.(y)
Don't over think always needing a metal insert.....

>>>from the picture, looks like you will need to drill out that new wheel for it to even fit the 8s Hex adapter. It looks wrong. Wrong wheels??? IDK.
I think you made an uninformed purchase there.:unsure: Hope I am wrong, for your benefit.
I'll let others chime in.....

Last edited:
You have to drill mx43 to 18mm with a step drill bit as they only make them for Traxxas rigs. Weird as it's their best tire imo. Drilling it only takes like a minute for all 4 tho so no big deal.

i can’t believe the new wheels didn’t come with those inserts

View attachment 329916
I run the same tire on mine. Best tires I’ve ever owned. I had to grind the fake lug nuts down to get a hub wrench on mine. You won’t regret the money spent. Great grip no ballooning and the rubber doesn’t seem to wear down at all.

What did you expect?
They are not the CH 2 stocker wheels.
No help here with this issue. Is what it is.:unsure: What are you looking for? A metal insert molded into every aftermarket wheel.
Stay with the stocker wheels it it matters to you.
Perhaps it's not even much of an issue at that.(y)
Don't over think always needing a metal insert.....

>>>from the picture, looks like you will need to drill out that new wheel for it to even fit the 8s Hex adapter. It looks wrong. Wrong wheels??? IDK.
I think you made an uninformed purchase there.:unsure: Hope I am wrong, for your benefit.
I'll let others chime in.....
i need those stainless inserts

I'm sure you want them.... :rolleyes:
Pick and choose your battles wisely. This is not one of them.
Are you fairly new to RC?

nobody on this forum has these wheels on there kraton,i just need those steel inserts.wheel on the left

IMG_7528.jpeg

Just to make sure that I understood correctly, you wish to install that ring onto the wheel on the left, correct?

nobody on this forum has these wheels on there kraton,i just need those steel inserts.wheel on the left

View attachment 330439
The wheels on the right don’t look like they’d fit the car which the wheels on the left came off. The centre holes are different diameters. 🧐

I run the same tire on mine. Best tires I’ve ever owned. I had to grind the fake lug nuts down to get a hub wrench on mine. You won’t regret the money spent. Great grip no ballooning and the rubber doesn’t seem to wear down at all.
Agreed, I run these on O8s & K8s. Bore out the center hole and grind/machine the fake lug nuts. Don't worry about the steel insert.

thumbnail_IMG_3755 (1).jpg

Vitavon sells wheels with steel insert. 😁🤷
Screenshot_20231106_161640_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20231106_161717_Gallery.jpg

That metal wheel insert is an arrma thing and you cannot take if off and put it on another wheel. Its impossible unless ur an expert on doing stuff like that. They likely put that steel insert to reinforce the hex from the crazy torque and weight of the 8s trucks

I believe @slick is looking for the wheel's Metal Hub Hex "sleeve", like it's some available add on part. It is Not.
He is not looking for the outer "Beadlock Rings". Or it seems... Either way, cannot be done.
@slick , you need to make yourself more clear, what you want to do here.
Good luck.:cool:

I believe @slick is looking for the wheel's Metal Hub Hex "sleeve", like it's some available add on part. It is Not.
He is not looking for the outer "Beadlock Rings". Or it seems... Either way, cannot be done.
@slick , you need to make yourself more clear, what you want to do here.
Good luck.:cool:
yes im talking about the red ring

IMG_7528.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back