Outcast Thinking about getting a 4s outcast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agree 100% with this. We went from a 4S Kraton to a Sketer for my son. We did widen it out per RazorRC's videos, but it is such a better truck in every department. We take the 4S Kraton as a backup to our local track & my son decided he wanted to give it a spin for old times sake. After about 2 minutes he brought it back in saying how the steering was garbage compared to the Sketer. SOOOOOOOOOO much more durable.
Yeah the servo saver is ass

A crappy Steering design/SS can ruin any otherwise good RC platform.
Weak ass Servo Savers suck. Make sure the SS is on the tight side and run a stronger Servo.
How I always fly, no matter the rig.

I would lock out the Servo Saver arm/horn altogether, by Pinning it locked.
Then run a monster steel gear high Kg servo. :giggle:
That's all you can do. Done this before with some of my 1/10 RC's here.
Crawlers run no SS at all. And run fine with a strong ass servo just fine.

I have an Outcast 4s and love it. Its tough as nails with the M2C chassis brace and motor mount. Plus its lighter than many 4s trucks and easy to work on. Mine has been incredibly durable sending it off ramps and bashing at the skatepark (i send it 15-20’ high) and as long as you don't land completely on the flat concrete it’ll take it. Lighter is better especially for landing on concrete.

With the chassis brace and motor mount from M2C my driveline has been protected just fine. Did have to loctite the slipper clutch screw to keep it from backing out, but otherwise no major issues. The Outcast 4s is my favorite basher, performs great for double backflips, front flips, riding wheelies, and more, and is a perfect size for these purposes.

I would go this route or Granite 3s. I think alot of the folks had the v1 which is lacking in upgraded parts compared to the v2, so ignore the hate. Its a great rig.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back