Notorious This is what iv done so far

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
I have shimmed all diffs, painted esc fan cover, and a castle fan on motor.

0A99111A-397E-433B-91EA-B169C8276647.jpeg

34425141-87EA-484A-893F-8F8417EFF875.jpeg

CB6E4139-E434-48D9-9ED4-034AFFFC9164.jpeg

DDE68681-D217-4195-8B5C-053CC3195015.jpeg

Looks like a combination of a damaged gauged out diff from rocks and debris hitting it and an ultimate demise from overheating. It melted. What happened? any idea?
Use the Arrma Metal optional diff in the center.

Rock or sumthing. Grub screw was cattywhopased internalls were good. Only place the oil slung out was where the grub screw was. It was dry whn i opened it. I never shimmed it but i had 10 packs thru it with 500k oil.

Yes but i didnt shim center and thats when it did as in the pic
Got ya. You know I’m the same boat as you lol. Really hoping I prefer enough shins and I can figure this out. Never really shimmed diffs before

How is the 14t pinion? Are your runtimes shortened now?
haven't gotten it yet. Waiting on rest of parts before i run it.I started with a 17t but it was too much for it. I could not keep the front down even on punch 2 and the thick diff oils still was fun too lay it on its roof at 40 ??

Got ya. You know I’m the same boat as you lol. Really hoping I prefer enough shins and I can figure this out. Never really shimmed diffs before
Its not much to it. When you take the pin out for the sungear. Use that shim externally on the outdrives if it has any side to side play. Use your mugen to shim satelight/ and sungear (planetary) gear

Rpm bumper installed. I left the stock one on for added protection. Next will be the dx3 install and trash the pos stx2

24260747-245B-4F0D-A360-D33E77EF54D5.jpeg

Looks like a combination of a damaged gauged out diff from rocks and debris hitting it and an ultimate demise from overheating. It melted. What happened? any idea?
Use the Arrma Metal optional diff in the center.
@SrC you like the metal diffcase?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back