Outcast I thought I was done with bashers - Outcast / Notorious XXL build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LibertyMKiii

Aerodynamics speed junkie
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Mojave
  3. Typhon 6s
As the title states I thought I was done with bashers. I have had them in the past and get bored quickly as my heart beets for speed runs / on-road.
We recently moved to Tennessee and the landscape is quite different than North Texas, which changes things.

I was going through my boxes and found that I had 3 Arrma 6s Chassis, some complete 3.3 typhon diffs with housing, a PPS motor mount, Aluminum Servo mount, Full set of 6s backflip LP tires, some various arms and full set of wheel hubs with hexes. Of course the next thought was.... well it shouldn't cost too much to buy the rest of the parts to make a running basher right?!?!?!

I ordered many parts, which are on the way and I believe I spent more than buying a new RTR 6s rig, but o well!!!! I am excited and committed now at this point.
I have owned many 6s models but never a notorious / Outcast so that is the plan for this one, except it sort-of wont be because I want to try the Mojave chassis. My reasoning is that we have some big hills here and it will benefit from the long wheelbase to not flip over while accelerating up hill.

More to come!

IMG20240219100244.jpg

IMG20240217133516.jpg

Last edited:
Looking forward to the build and awaiting the Kraton XL "inventors".

I prefer to call them Xtra-Wide (XW) Mojave or Wide Fireteam ;)

Edit-My Typhon with Mojave arms/towers/shocks will now be referred to as an Xtra-Short Mojave :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Looking forward to the build and awaiting the Kraton XL "inventors".

I prefer to call them Xtra-Wide (XW) Mojave or Wide Fireteam ;)

Yeah naming of these is funny that way.
I am using Outcast towers, body, wheelie bar and wing so I felt it was best described as an XXL Outcast

@LibertyMKiii
Back in the Game!
Looking forward to seeing what you'll cook up!!

I'm sure whatever you build.. It's going to Fly! 🚀

well, welcome to Tennessee! What part you at? I'm west of Nashville.

Between Memphis and Nashville. Small town that no one but the locals know.

Oh yes! I am sure you are going to love the truck. My sister lives in nashville its a pretty place up there

Yeah man Tennessee is a beautiful state!

@LibertyMKiii
Back in the Game!
Looking forward to seeing what you'll cook up!!

I'm sure whatever you build.. It's going to Fly! 🚀

I wish I had not sold you that Kraton 6s now.... O well :)

Between Memphis and Nashville. Small town that no one but the locals know.

Yeah man Tennessee is a beautiful state!

I wish I had not sold you that Kraton 6s now.... O well :)

I still have it -as you sold it to me condition-
Minty fresh!

Do you need it back?

I still have it -as you sold it to me condition-
Minty fresh!

Do you need it back?
Need it is funny concept LOL
After this rig is finished I won't "need" it anymore.

You should take it out and work on big air and backflips! That Kraton was great for that.

I don't recall seeing what the hobby wing parts look like in the box so here it is for anyone wondering how they package them. Overall I love the look of the motor and the small foot print of the ESC helps it easily fit in this car.

No need to modify the motor wires. It's like they made it for this car.

IMG20240224132342.jpg

IMG20240224132539.jpg

This rig is so close to being ready.

The m3x60 stand offs are short. Ordered 70mm that should get it just about right.

IMG20240226222257.jpg

I got the alignment all set tonight and servo centered. I ended up swapping in a JX 45kg servo that was planned for a boat build I have going on.

This big 4990 motor looks small in this long chassis.

IMG20240226222159.jpg

The m3x60 stand offs are short. Ordered 70mm that should get it just about right.

View attachment 351085

I got the alignment all set tonight and servo centered. I ended up swapping in a JX 45kg servo that was planned for a boat build I have going on.

View attachment 351084
Can't wait til you get to go out for your 1st rip in that thing!

View attachment 351085

View attachment 351084

Why not just print you up some 10mm spacers for the standoffs?
That'll be Faster than waiting for the new standoffs to get there..

Why not just print you up some 10mm spacers for the standoffs?
That'll be Faster than waiting for the new standoffs to get there..
There are certain loads that 3d prints do ok with like compression but the load angles for the rear body mount wouldn't be ideal for 3d print. They would likely snap off in an instant during the first roll over / crash. I still have to finish up the wiring so it gives me time to have Amazon bring the longer aluminum stand offs.

I took the truck out for a spin.
I need to make a loop connector for my packs so tonight was only on 3s. It was running pretty good around 35-40 mph which aligns with the gearing calculator.

The motor and ESC were staying nice and cool. I dig the bluetooth app for this G2 ESC.

Also the sensored operation was very obvious. I remember having the Max5 esc in the XMaxx 8s and it would be very jumpy from a stop. This G2 series could function as a rock crawler. The low rpm operation is pretty amazing.

I'll try to get a video of it running once I get it going on 6s.

Back