Outcast I thought I was done with bashers - Outcast / Notorious XXL build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet build brother! Now you have me ogling a Mojave chassis for my own Kraton...:LOL:
Hold tight till I review it.
I have concerns about the air control for doing flips etc.
I previously had a Typhon and Kraton so this will be interesting to compare.

Hard to say yet only running 3s. I can tell it does not rotate in the turns as good as the Kraton did on the same tires.

Hold tight till I review it.
I have concerns about the air control for doing flips etc.
I previously had a Typhon and Kraton so this will be interesting to compare.

Hard to say yet only running 3s. I can tell it does not rotate in the turns as good as the Kraton did on the same tires.
Yeah, that makes sense. A longer wheelbase is great for straight line stability but, on the flip side, it will create greater resistance to rotation, both pitch and yaw. I usually just run my Kraton on 4S. 3S I find a little anemic and 6S can be a bit much at times. 4S is the Goldilocks for the area around here.

Yeah, that makes sense. A longer wheelbase is great for straight line stability but, on the flip side, it will create greater resistance to rotation, both pitch and yaw. I usually just run my Kraton on 4S. 3S I find a little anemic and 6S can be a bit much at times. 4S is the Goldilocks for the area around here.

Yeah 6s likely will be too much for the street. We have some big open fields and some construction lots to try out.
I just remembered that I have not installed the sway bars. I hope installing them will help get the rear to rotate the way I want it to.

That setup will have PLENTY of air control on 6S with punch level above 6, 100% certain. 19/46 gearing for me
I hope so.
What tires do you run? I know over 60 mph the backflip tires get pretty sketchy...

I hope so.
What tires do you run? I know over 60 mph the backflip tires get pretty sketchy...
Jun RC backflips have a little more wall thickness, 1/4" diameter larger, and stiffer foams.

Otherwise, I run Losi SBR 2.0 beadlocks on 8S.

Jun RC backflips have a little more wall thickness, 1/4" diameter larger, and stiffer foams.

Otherwise, I run Losi SBR 2.0 beadlocks on 8S.

Gotcha, that sounds like a blast on 8s. I couldn't imagine this rig on 8s.

Gotcha, that sounds like a blast on 8s. I couldn't imagine this rig on 8s.
It's jaw-dropping how well this sensored 7+ horsepower ESC/motor's input is extremely linear from literally being a functional crawler to absolute riot on 8S.

It's jaw-dropping how well this sensored 7+ horsepower ESC/motor's input is extremely linear from literally being a functional crawler to absolute riot on 8S.
I have not tried 8s but 100% agree. The low speed crawler like abilities of this setup is amazing. It is weird to see a big RC crawl like that!

It makes me want to install the 24mm JBI hexes I have and put some 8s tires on it for more ground clearance and go crawling on some rocks...

I made some back to back runs up and down my street today. Heavy on the throttle around 55mph with wheelies.
The motor was up around 142 F. No fan with ambient 74 F.

I could see this motor getting too hot on a warmer day without a fan.

I installed the sway bars and it is turning / handling a little better. I want to try thicker center diff fluid and see if that helps.
On the fence about downsizing to a Kraton chassis instead.

Last edited:
I made some back to back runs up and down my street today. Heavy on the throttle around 55mph with wheelies.

I installed the sway bars and it is turning / handling a little better. I want to try thicker center diff fluid and see if that helps.

Gearing could be too conservative if you're constantly in the last 3/4 of the throttle pull. Use the midrange torque available with this combo to keep most of the bashing and air control in the 1/4-3/4 range. Then when you need that few extra MPH and RPM of tire speed it's always available. A fan would certainly help on 90 degree tall grass bashes, but 140-180F is nothing I'd be concerned about.

Gearing could be too conservative if you're constantly in the last 3/4 of the throttle pull. Use the midrange torque available with this combo to keep most of the bashing and air control in the 1/4-3/4 range. Then when you need that few extra MPH and RPM of tire speed it's always available. A fan would certainly help on 90 degree tall grass bashes, but 140-180F is nothing I'd be concerned about.

Yeah the temps seem ok so far, but worried about 90+F days. I have a WTF ready to go in if needed.
I need to see how it runs after fixing the center diff fluid. Right now it is just unloading most of the power to the front wheels. I am slowly getting it tuned up where I want it.

Currently it is geared at 11.0 final drive ratio.

Yesterday a neighbor came out and was just blown away with the power it has. He was mentioning how I am a bad influence and how his wife would kill him if he got another money pit in the garage ;)

Yesterday a neighbor came out and was just blown away with the power it has. He was mentioning how I am a bad influence and how his wife would kill him if he got another money pit in the garage ;)

His garage.. His Space!
He needs to have boundaries.

Imagine IF he goes into Her Closet and mentions he'll strangle her if she buys another money pit pair of shoes, dresses, or purses etc... 💥👊😵‍💫

His garage.. His Space!
He needs to have boundaries.

Imagine IF he goes into Her Closet and mentions he'll strangle her if she buys another money pit pair of shoes, dresses, or purses etc... 💥👊😵‍💫

She is probably right in this situation. He has an 01' Trans Am WS-6 that is really nice, a 69 Camaro SS (supercharged LSA and absolutely flawless), just got a motorcycle, and just came home with a new GMC Sierra truck last week.

Last edited:

Here in West Tennessee (Memphis) by the delta of the Mississippi....fan is a MUST when it gets warm. At least for me and all my bashers can hold about 150-165F on those hotter days after 5pm still hot even after sundown.

Look good Boss love the thread and the rig (y)

Here in West Tennessee (Memphis) by the delta of the Mississippi....fan is a MUST when it gets warm. At least for me and all my bashers can hold about 150-165F on those hotter days after 5pm still hot even after sundown.

Look good Boss love the thread and the rig (y)

Thanks man!
Sounds like we are close by. I live in Arlington TN.

Thanks man!
Sounds like we are close by. I live in Arlington TN.
Closer than you think....

Memphis is my home for 50+ years but I leave in Fayette County... Eads, TN right off the Arlington exit Airline over in Hickory Withe just over the Shelby County line....

We will make time to hook up!!! (y)

Closer than you think....

Memphis is my home for 50+ years but I leave in Fayette County... Eads, TN right off the Arlington exit Airline over in Hickory Withe just over the Shelby County line....

We will make time to hook up!!! (y)
Yes that is very close (y)

Back