Vorteks Thoughts on my plan to stop motor mount bending on 3s cars?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HR is at almost $50.00, why not just go another $20.00 and get the M2C. No question about quality and durability with the M2C. One and done.
Absolutely agree with this. The 3s m2c motor mount and brace are tried and true. Hot racing makes some decent parts but their machining and material quality aren’t near as good as m2c.

I'm running the HR motor mount and this motor brace. I have a post mounted in front motor brace to keep it from moving as was mentioned in a previous post, after a frontal impact. No issues for over a year now.

20230804_141640.jpg

HR is at almost $50.00, why not just go another $20.00 and get the M2C. No question about quality and durability with the M2C. One and done.
Oh I was just asking if that was the one as I didn't even realize they made one. I'm not going to waste any more money on parts for either of my 3s cars, the Senton can sit on the shelf and the Typhon can sit it parts in a box under my bed for all eternity for all I care.

M2C at $70. is a big chunk of coin to "fix" an inherent design flaw of the 4x4's. That's almost 30% of the cost of most 4x4's to fix something Arrma just wont "fix". I do credit M2C.
And Not Arrma.
I just cant wrap myself around these 4x4's. As much as I originally wanted a BRCC. No more. Arrma never fixed things well enough for me. Seems with the 6s line, Arrma has at least tried to correct things over the years. And for the most part successfuly, like with "some" of the EXB Option parts. It even seems that many 6s upgrade parts are less money or equal to, than most of the 4x4 upgrade parts. I see many invest as much if not more into their 4x4's than most 6s rigs. Trying to make a 4x4 something it was never meant to be? 4x4 line is just a stepping stone to the 6s line IMHO. I cant justify putting all my apples into this 4x4 platform. If anything just drive in stock trim and just drive as is. Not sending it like it's any 6s platform.
I agree with you.

Last edited:
M2C at $70. is a big chunk of coin to "fix" an inherent design flaw of the 4x4's. That's almost 30% of the cost of most 4x4's to fix something Arrma just wont "fix". I do credit M2C.
And Not Arrma.
I just cant wrap myself around these 4x4's. As much as I originally wanted a BRCC. No more. Arrma never fixed things well enough for me. Seems with the 6s line, Arrma has at least tried to correct things over the years. And for the most part successfuly. It even seems that many 6s upgrade parts are less money or equal to, than most of the 4x4 upgrade parts. I see many invest as much if not more into their 4x4's than most 6s rigs. Trying to make a 4x4 something it was never meant to be?
I agree with you.

I was so disappointed in both of my 3s models I will just leave it at that.

I never jumed aboard with the 4x4's.
So I get flamed for not owning one, and still having my say.
Many jump to the 4x4 line first because they appear cheaper from the start out the box. I get that.
Yet the 6s line doesn't even need much in upgrades at all. Costing less in the short and long term.

I was so disappointed in both of my 3s models I will just leave it at that.
I never jumed aboard with the 4x4's.
So I get flamed for not owning one, and still having my say.
Many jump to the 4x4 line first because they appear cheaper from the start out the box. I get that.
Yet the 6s line doesn't even need much in upgrades at all. Costing less in the short and long term.
Whenever one of these threads pops up, I always look forward to both of you chiming in with your distaste of the 3s line. It's like a weird pavlovian reaction.
Of many things among others threads you might disagree, but you unilaterally and collaboratively combine against the 3s line. And seeing your forces combine against them, that's something I sincerely look forward to!! :D

I still try to help those with their 4x4's and their 8s rigs. The basic fundamental stuff that I can share. Along with much info of the manuals that I read, and upgrade parts out there for them.

Oh I was just asking if that was the one as I didn't even realize they made one. I'm not going to waste any more money on parts for either of my 3s cars, the Senton can sit on the shelf and the Typhon can sit it parts in a box under my bed for all eternity for all I care.
Sell me that Typhon then 😂

Whenever one of these threads pops up, I always look forward to both of you chiming in with your distaste of the 3s line. It's like a weird pavlovian reaction.
Of many things among others threads you might disagree, but you unilaterally and collaboratively combine against the 3s line. And seeing your forces combine against them, that's something I sincerely look forward to!! :D

Well when you have first hand experience with the issues with this platform you tend to be rather vocal about said issues. And yes I know all rc cars have issues but you cannot fix the issues with this platform without redesigning everything.
Sell me that Typhon then 😂
It has 3 tires, no diffs, no slipper, the shocks leak, the Rpm a arms are warped and no electronics.

Well when you have first hand experience with the issues with this platform you tend to be rather vocal about said issues. And yes I know all rc cars have issues but you cannot fix the issues with this platform without redesigning everything.

It has 3 tires, no diffs, no slipper, the shocks leak, the Rpm a arms are warped and no electronics.

Sounds like my kind of project!

Whatever model/platform you choose to have front and center will be fun. (y)
Just need to keep it all in perspective. And know the limits of its design. They will all have their limits.
You can go hog wild with the many $upgrades$ out there.
Yet sometimes its just best to move onto something different at some point.

Whatever model/platform you choose to have front and center will be fun. (y)
Just need to keep it all in perspective. And know the limits of its design. They will all have their limits.
You can go hog wild with the many $upgrades$ out there.
Yet sometimes its just best to move onto something different at some point.

I used to to be all for the Arrma 4x4 platform, I would recommend them to everyone all the time and tell people to avoid the Traxxas platform because it needs so much help out of the box. That all changed once I bought one of each.

In my experience, the type of bending on the stock motor plate isn't from hard 4-wheel landing, its from frontal impacts, like landing a jump on the nose. So the only suggestion from the list that would work for that is the thicker motor plate. O-rings and the chassis screws don't prevent forward pulling of the motor on the motor plate.

I'd start with the thicker motor plate and go from there. I haven't had issues running a large 4068 motor with the thicker motor plate.
"This!! I agree. I've been jumping with my Big Rock for quite some time, and the stock motor plate is still straight. I do check them every time I finish my bashing session. Then, one day, my Big Rock died mid-air and took a nose dive. I checked it right away and found that the motor plate had bent."

"This!! I agree. I've been jumping with my Big Rock for quite some time, and the stock motor plate is still straight. I do check them every time I finish my bashing session. Then, one day, my Big Rock died mid-air and took a nose dive. I checked it right away and found that the motor plate had bent."
Did you just hammer it back and keep going?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back