Infraction I tried 4s on my Infraction 3s.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morrjr71

The Old Guy
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Infraction 4x4
A couple of months ago I installed a Castle Copperhead 10 SCT ESC with 3200kv motor into my Infraction 3s. I had only run the Infraction with Copperhead system a couple of times on 3s: I was able to run a larger pinion without cogging, and it was fast. Fast forward to today: I decided to install a Spektrum 4s battery into the Infraction just to see what it could do on the street in front of my house. OMG! The Infraction took off like a rocket, and I ran out of space to run in before I hit 3/4 throttle. I'm going to need a longer space without traffic to get the full effect of the 4s: thankfully, my Radiolink RC6GS has a range of over 1900 feet.

I have the Arrma CNC steel geared transmission modules in it. They are no longer available for sale.
Which ones? Got pics?

Last edited:
A couple of months ago I installed a Castle Copperhead 10 SCT ESC with 3200kv motor into my Infraction 3s. I had only run the Infraction with Copperhead system a couple of times on 3s: I was able to run a larger pinion without cogging, and it was fast. Fast forward to today: I decided to install a Spektrum 4s battery into the Infraction just to see what it could do on the street in front of my house. OMG! The Infraction took off like a rocket, and I ran out of space to run in before I hit 3/4 throttle. I'm going to need a longer space without traffic to get the full effect of the 4s: thankfully, my Radiolink RC6GS has a range of over 1900 feet.
Glad to hear the Copperhead seems to be a lot more capable than the SW3. I tried running a SW3 in a Senton with stock gearing and thermaled several times. That Copperhead sounds like a beast man đź‘Ť

As I said, they were discontinued a while back. An option now is using the steel ring gears used in the diffs on the 4s vehicles.

I found this using Google: https://www.getahobby.net/cnc-steel...QQVH1veRqRPEUP5hEvHEz7DtDCSJEReQaApgXEALw_wcB

Here's the newer option for steel geared diffs: https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product/metal-gear-f-r-transmission-module-set/ARA311156.html
Ah yes. Basically the ARA311072 is the complete assembly with the AR310885 and AR310886 units (which are still available separately). The metal 4s diff crown and pinion gears are sintered so I don’t trust them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back