Big Rock Thread lock on servo horn?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmer101

Reaction score
Hi should I use blue thread lock on the plastic servo horn on big rock ?

I thought I read you are.nkt supposed to use threadlock on plastic ?

Thanks !

Simon

Just to counter...
I find that most don't use TL with fasteners holding the Arm/horn to the Servo out put spline shaft. I do, but very sparingly. Using heat for removal, if need be. The slightest drop, not even, just a smear is good to do. I tried it both ways. There is nothing worse than stripping your Servo's metal Spline, and/or Arm/horn due to a loosened Fastener. Been there. Years back. So I do use Blue TL in this area. But using less is more. And I usually only use a Socket head M3 screw on my Servo, 99% of the time.
Just me. :cool:

Last edited:
I find that servos with Brass output shaft splines ( soft metal) are the worst. I stay a way from those types of servos. They strip easily and snap as well.

You could use an internal lock or star washer as well, my horns have the double side bolt clamps otherwise I’ve used a little 242 blue on the screw with the basic arrma horn.

+1
With clamping arms/horns, they are great, but only if you know the best sequence of tightening the output shaft screw and Clamping screw(s).
Done wrong, I find they can loosen as well. Especially cheap knock off generic clamping arms/horns. I usually even apply Blue TL to the Tiny clamping screw(s). Ever so sparingly.
I want my Arms/ horns to never need to be removed until I am replacing that servo, in the first place. It should be one and done. It should never loosen until then. Short of any great carnage and damage to the arm/horn itself , that is.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back