Typhon Throw some good ol fashion spektrum power at it !! See what it doo!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

handzace

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Felony
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Kraton EXB
  6. Talion EXB
  7. Typhon 3s
  8. Typhon 6s
  9. Typhon Mega
  10. Vendetta
  11. Infraction 4x4
So planned on keeping a cheap typhon mega to blx 4s+ cheap and throwing a made for hobby wing sr8 4 s and 2500kv combo wich btw had plenty of power in the jlb 120 amp extreme cheetah I linberated it from in the name of rc greatness.😂lol the names get me 120 amp EXTREME ! 😂 anyway for whatever reason I threw it in the mega out a 3s in and was expecting a lil track rocket …whah whah wah ! Don’t ask me why because I didn’t devote or give up a second of thought before the ripped it out and went with the trusty ol spektrum 150 amp 2050 kv combo ..it’s just crazy that “ made for “ hobby wing even on 4s it wasn’t impressive at all (must of been the gearimg totally diff tooth pinion from 50s to 90s used same pinion as the cheetah left it on the motor 🤯 impatience will kill ya nameen lol but fast forward the new ..well new to the typhon spek 150 amd 2050 kv are in and holy blew my expectations! I knew it was gonna be nasty with the 56 tooth hot racing mod .08 32 pitch spur and 18 tooth saga pinion (mod 32) . To get the testing started but wow did I say wow this things super nasty I def need to upgrade the arrcat shocks don’t get me wrong they blow rc awd out the water and can only speak for the typhon and granite ones but they’re worth every penny and they’re cheapes perfect for bashing and not practicing multiple times a weak and tuning so I’m gonna have to bite my lil bros style and get the proline short course 1/10 mega (made for the arrma 1/10 mega/blx line ) if u haven’t seen em check ‘em out they’re nice with mud gaurd plates ! But wow they actual perform amazingly ,my lil bro has on senton 6s build and their pricey and what makes it worse u k ow your paying like $20 just for the name alone 😂 but they are the balls ! Unless anyone has an alternative please lmk …now I want another typhon mega for speed runs ! It’ll have to wait untill after the big rock and senton builds ! B

70847318863__8F4CB800-9EA5-46A1-92D1-E45A0218B1B1.jpeg

IMG_6975.jpeg

IMG_6974.jpeg

IMG_6973.jpeg

Last edited:
Man that is shoe horned on there, i like it!

So your running the 150/2050 on 4s in it?
Yes sir ! I did the same in my vendetta and works great ,plenty of power and yes I’ll be running it on 4s mostly if not only

How's the run time on that setup?
Excellent ,i especially givin how light the rig is so u don’t have to gear too conservative u can push the gearing a lot more to get more performance than if the system was in a 6s rigs due to the weight diff like this particular setup has a 56 tooth spur and 18 tooth pinion and I can easily gear up a few teeth and still have great temps and run time (took out that 92 tooth spur took out slipper put a spool) and I can burn it hole pack on normal short course at normal speed and she’s cool as a cucumber(even with the stock motor and esc fan ) and unless I’m just full pull from the time it hits the ground then this setup giving like 15 + minutes of run time and temps are great I can throw another pack and send it rite back out but I gotta say I’ve used the hell out of this same setup for off road bash rigs to high speed street use and they’ve always been good to me that’s why I always have a couple on hand lol …

Well.. what im thinking is if I go from the 3200kv to a 6s 2050 in my big rock but still run the 3s it might work less and use less battery...
Kinda like the same model truck pulling a trailer with a v6 vs a v8.. the v8 works less and uses less fuel then the struggling v6 that you gotta pin to do the same job..
I'm a mechanic and thats my thoughts process on it 🤣

Well.. what im thinking is if I go from the 3200kv to a 6s 2050 in my big rock but still run the 3s it might work less and use less battery...
Kinda like the same model truck pulling a trailer with a v6 vs a v8.. the v8 works less and uses less fuel then the struggling v6 that you gotta pin to do the same job..
Hey ! Fellow mechanic! Yeah I’ve pushed the factory vendetta 3900 kv on 6s and that thing never blew on me or my brother and he got got 96mph with that motor ,a 150 amp Firma esc in a infraction mega only issue with the mega conversions is once u use 6s even with the bec set at 6 volts or whatever the minimum in a 150 amp spektrum (can’t remember off top of my head ) the steering Servo will 💯 let go on the Megas and the blx 3/4s models , gauranteed usually first use on 6s but stay on 4 s and they last a while …I hate the ready to run arrma servos but guess they gotta save money where they can ,I just eliminate it on the 3s /mega line because stick Servo 23 tooth and a replacement will be 25 tooth plus it’s much tighter without bit but if your bashing hard id def get the 25tooh Servo saver take some of the impact on the steering assembly/bellcrank and on the 6s line Fugetaboutit but honestly if u throw a snap ring on the never loosen Servo saver under the spring it tightens it up gets a lot of slop out of the steering and 4 decent sealed bearings on top and under the bellcrank take out those cheezy spacers helps quite a bit (brite idea! Now u can’t adjust em ! ) and forget taking em apart to put spacer under the spring they used the most blue thread lock I’ve ever seen in my life 2 reg snap rings that diameter and your golden …or spring for an adjustable one lol ..I got way off course there but not gonna delete it ! I’m sending it lol

Sometimes you just gotta send it! 🤣

Seriously though.. I'm appreciative of the info. I'm newer to the arrma rigs and any bit of info from more experience is appreciated.
BTW hello mechanic 👋
Nice to meet you ! Always happy to share knowledge brother ! If u ever have any questions feel free to shoot me a message I have many many arrmas and rcs frim bashers to 180+ mph speed runner builds As well as full custom builds from 1/10 to 1/5 stuff …I’m still learning and if I can share a lil knowledge help a brother out cut down on the head scratching and wtf’s im happy too

I put the 4S system from a Kraton in my mega Typhon. 19 or 20T pinion on 3S. Doesn't run hot and rips. Surprises a lot of people. Might try 4S someday. Just don't feel like ripping diffs out every run. Lol.

I put the 4S system from a Kraton in my mega Typhon. 19 or 20T pinion on 3S. Doesn't run hot and rips. Surprises a lot of people. Might try 4S someday. Just don't feel like ripping diffs out every run. Lol.

Yeah I don't wanna shred diffs or twist axles! I just wanna increase run time/ lower Temps.
More play time- less charge time! I'm from nitro, still cannot stand charging to play 😂

Yeah I don't wanna shred diffs or twist axles! I just wanna increase run time/ lower Temps.
More play time- less charge time! I'm from nitro, still cannot stand charging to play 😂
Well, you're Big Rock is the same platform as the Typhon. Watch the classifieds. Couple just sold. Here's one that might work.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/firma-150-2050kv-combo.63159/#post-949667

The only reason I didn't do it to the pawn shop Big Rock was money. It's coming.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back