Time Sensitive: Top of the hour Live Q&A with Jason Dearden, founder of ARRMA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
**SPOILER ALERT BELOW** -- Do not read if you want to be surprised by the video

Top points I took down:

Never a crawler
Never a solid axle model
Yes, there will be new releases this year. Small delay due to the virus. "People will be pretty pleased with what's coming"
Probably not selling a kit in the future but "never say never"
They like hot rods and rat rods... perhaps they would consider a similar design in the future
Dearden doesn't really drive RCs but did drive the Infraction quite a bit.
Sounds like the near future will offer another something new for the speed bash guys. (on-road)
Probably no Rally Car due to lack of folks in the us having the interest.
No boats. Leave that job to the guys in CA, ProBoat
They are looking at doing more rollers. This for the guys that want to build. Rollers are a way forward but kits are not.
No aircraft. EFlight and Horizon have that covered...
V5 Kraton, etc coming but he won't say when. He says don't wait for V5. Buy now.
Arrma will always focus on value for money
Would like to explore "special vehicles" Like short run, limited edition kinda models. ie : stretched Typhon, truggified Typhon, etc
Thread lock is a struggle but important and challenging with the factories because they tend to be too generous with it. It is a safety issue to not have it strong (pinion)
Leaking shocks have been "by the batch" problems and they're making steps to improve it and a few more things rolling out to improve shocks. "These are hobby grade and we can't spoon feed everyone. People need to know to do some wrenching"

1585755829197.png

Dearden answer, "Sorry mate. lol " ???

was hoping for kraton 6s V5 sooner rather than later but sounds like later...
and too bad we didn't hear anything about the transmitter issues with the V4

was hoping for kraton 6s V5 sooner rather than later but sounds like later...
and too bad we didn't hear anything about the transmitter issues with the V4
I saw on a social media post where Dearden said he couldn't blame a person for switching the radio.
I also know that Spektrum has an improved stx3 at the same price point but not out yet. I assume they will ship with the stx3.

no answer on 7075 chassis's to replace the 6061 stamps either.. ? they don't want to talk about it... lol.. i get it though, price point..
He did hint at higher end rollers tho... ?

What I take from that stream is, rollers are coming this year with clear bodies..?
I'm a huge fan of rollers with clear bodies.

Once an enthusiast has had a RTR, or two on the shelf rollers are a great value and let you customize the paint job. I hope all brands offer up the roller option.

He kept saying Arrma is still expanding their range. Apart from the obvious more 8s models, I’m hoping for some smaller scale options.
He said his favorite car right now was the Mohave right? 8S Mohave coming you think?
He said his favorite car right now was the Mohave right? 8S Mohave coming you think?
I would like to see more 1/10 scale or smaller too. Maybe a 1/12 2S Line in the $200 price range?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back