Tire/wheel balancing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THC

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey guys
Looking for opinions on wheel balancing. I'm considering doing it on my limitless. Is it worth the time? Is there really an advantage for speeds under 100?

It is worth the time and beneficial at any speed. Less stress on your drivetrain and hence the rest of your rig.

Might be less noticeable on smaller tires running less than 60mph, but still likely a good thing to do considering the speeds it goes.

I do it on all my MT tires for 4S and 6S trucks. Some are so bad that they are nearly undriveable at anything above 30mph.

Always a good idea. Get a free spinning axle by removing the rear dog bone. Let it spin and find the spot that floats to the top and add some gorilla tape there. Spin it again and keep adding tape to the top spot if it continues to land in the same spot. Repeat until it appears balanced.

Always a good idea. Get a free spinning axle by removing the rear dog bone. Let it spin and find the spot that floats to the top and add some gorilla tape there. Spin it again and keep adding tape to the top spot if it continues to land in the same spot. Repeat until it appears balanced.
Great idea for the tape. I will give it a try

Just thought I would post my tire balancing experience. I have a Felony. I balanced all the wheels and so for those that don't have a balancer or the time, you are pretty much okay with the stock wheels as they come. Mine required very little weight to balance them, almost unmeasurable weight wise. The sticky putty is so light as it is, and when you use just a tiny bit your adding practically nothing weight wise. But a sensitive wheel/prop balancer will detect it.

Also for informational purposes, the wheels do not run true. They all have slight lateral runout and slight out of round runout.

20200906_115923 (Copy).jpg

20200906_115930 (Copy).jpg

20200906_120957 (Copy).jpg

20200906_122514 (Copy).jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back