Big Rock Tires/Wheels Suggestion For Big Rock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the Pro-Line Trencher HP belted tires with 17mm hubs on my Typhon 3s. They are great off road, and, believe it or not, they grip pavement well.

View attachment 160733

Nice....new with a set for my Big Rock....feeling the same way... a lot of low love for them but mine are the newer versions so hoping others from a few years back will give them a try again over the old... for the way I bash....spot on!

I replaced the Ragnarok with these Louise ST Rockets. They are great on tarmac and pavement, not so good off road and looking for something to replace my worn stock wheels

16277574824141418576906614826040.jpg

I’ve got granite tires on my Senton and they work well. It was necessary to get the rotation for back/front flips. Just got a big rock and I like the look of the stock tires, but I think I’ll have the same aerial rotation problem I had with my Senton.
Did you have to trim the senton body? Got a pic?
Yes you have to trim, I found I didn’t need to trim nearly as much as most say you do. I’ve got 1/8th scale zd racing shocks on so maybe that’s why, I generally have my setups higher than many for more travel.

Last edited:
Granite tires on mine, offroad and grass.

I couldn't find them granite tyres anywhere near where I am without shipping costing more. Found these for a very reasonable price and should be arriving next week. I'll give ya all updates pics and verdict when it does. They will be getting braided for sure

Screenshot_2021-08-08-08-28-45-173_com.android.chrome.jpg

I couldn't find them granite tyres anywhere near where I am without shipping costing more. Found these for a very reasonable price and should be arriving next week. I'll give ya all updates pics and verdict when it does. They will be getting braided for sure

View attachment 162587
Let us know how it goes(y)

Holy Huge tires Batman! Is the added weight an issue?
The stock motor and ESC temps rose a bit, so I decided to replace the motor with a Surpass 3670/2850 and 15T pinion for more torque and lower temps. That combination reduced the motor temp quite a bit, and the ESC temp was reduced slightly as well. I later swapped the stock BLX 100A ESC for a Firma 130A ESC, and the ESC barely gets warm now.

Holy Huge tires Batman! Is the added weight an issue?
No...

No weight change with those tires to be of concern... Duratrax or Proline or any 2.8 tires that are not belted will not add a huge change. Keep in mind the Granite BLX comes with bigger tires that many put on the Big Rock....

There would be no need to change the ESC with 2.8" tires....non-belted...

Those heavy large capacity MAH batteries people add for more run time would be more of a concern over those tires :)

I swapped my stock big rock tires for the proline 2.8 mashers and put the 17mm hexes instead of the 12mm that come with it. I also added the 17mm m2c hub extenders.
do you need the hub extenders, will they run just fine on the big rock without them or will there be some issues?
I swapped my stock big rock tires for the proline 2.8 mashers and put the 17mm hexes instead of the 12mm that come with it. I also added the 17mm m2c hub extenders.
Do i need the hub extenders or will the big rock run just fine without them just want to make sure it'll be fine?

You really don’t need hub extenders as long as you get tires that have the 14mm hex, or you can go with hot racing 12mm hexes those replace the stock 14mm ones.

I have the Louise tyre options. I have the MT Cross, which is great on loose surfaces, mud, sand, grass you name it and the MT Rocket for hard surfaces like pavement and tarmac.

Here is a couple of pictures of the MT Cross on my Big Rock, unfortunately I only have a video with the Rockets.
IMG_20211023_110033.jpg
IMG_20211023_110448.jpg

Having said that, you can see them piled up on the background on the first image

Hi, after reading some threads about tires for the BR. I´m looking for Granite V3 tires and found two options. ARA550044 and ARA550086. Which one will work better with my BR

Another vote for the Granite tires...cheap and solid performance! Ran a set all summer with not issues or premature wear at all. Reglued a bit here and there but sooooo much cheaper than other options!

Granite tires are really nice on a more or less stock big rock. They seem just about perfect actually.

Granite tires on BR.
Stock BR tires left, Granite right.
20201013_160925.jpg
20201013_154607.jpg

I have the Louise tyre options. I have the MT Cross, which is great on loose surfaces, mud, sand, grass you name it and the MT Rocket for hard surfaces like pavement and tarmac.

Here is a couple of pictures of the MT Cross on my Big Rock, unfortunately I only have a video with the Rockets.View attachment 246207View attachment 246208
Having said that, you can see them piled up on the background on the first image
I've tried looking these up but can only find the smaller 1/10 104mm or the 1/8 175mm. Neither are available in the UK from what I've seen yet. They'd look 😎 on a typhon

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back