Typhon TLR Typhon vs Hobao VS2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevenwm

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Mojave
  4. Senton 3s
  5. Typhon 3s
  6. Vorteks
Hey guys was wondering if anyone had any experience with either of these two RCs

I’m wondering how they compare in performance and durability

TIA!

IMG_2314.jpeg

IMG_2312.jpeg

Last edited:
Initially I said the TLR was far superior, but after watching a few videos I'm stumped.
I've never actually held the Hyper vs2 in my hands, so I'll shut up.

Last edited:
I own a Hobao Hyper SSTE Truggie . Love Arrma have a bunch of Arrma rigs . But the Hoboa quality to me was slightly better and depending on what you’re looking to do with the buggy is what determines what you buy . If you’re going to all out bash and jump I say TLR all day if you’re looking to run track Hobao !

I own a Hobao Hyper SSTE Truggie . Love Arrma have a bunch of Arrma rigs . But the Hoboa quality to me was slightly better and depending on what you’re looking to do with the buggy is what determines what you buy . If you’re going to all out bash and jump I say TLR all day if you’re looking to run track Hobao !
How's part and hop up availability on the Hobao?

If you’re going to all out bash and jump I say TLR all day if you’re looking to run track Hobao !
I would say the opposite.

The Habao doesn’t have the A,B,C,D block suspension pills included like on the TLR Typhon, which is found on any high-end 1/8 racing buggy, however these are weak points for bashing as they can crack on hard impact and a hinge pin can break through and come loose (ask me how I know).

The TLR is better race car. The Habao is a better ARRMA Typhon 6S EXB.

Thanks guys! 🤛

I got a great deal on a brand new upgraded VS2 and was just curious how it compared…
Hoping I made a good decision 😁

Thanks guys! 🤛

I got a great deal on a brand new upgraded VS2 and was just curious how it compared…
Hoping I made a good decision 😁
I think it’ll be an awesome pickup as a gap filler for those of us that love the idea of a heavy duty Typhon 6S EXB. I say ”heavy duty” because the 7075 aluminum is extremely strong and with a higher survivability rate compared to a stock Typhon 6S V5.

If you’re looking for a race/track car, the Typhon TLR is a no brainer, especially since it’s a Team Durango DEX8 chassis - a racing chassis.
The front does not have the kick up also reducing dog bone friction. Will that matter in a race? Probably not.
The dog bone friction is immaterial is a non-issue in racing as you mentioned.

I would say the opposite.

The Habao doesn’t have the A,B,C,D block suspension pills included like on the TLR Typhon, which is found on any high-end 1/8 racing buggy, however these are weak points for bashing as they can crack on hard impact and a hinge pin can break through and come loose (ask me how I know).

The TLR is better race car. The Habao is a better ARRMA Typhon 6S EXB.
In my opinion the quality of the shocks and parts are much better on the Hobao . From my understanding TLR had nothing to do with the build other then using the TLR branding

I think it’ll be an awesome pickup as a gap filler for those of us that love the idea of a heavy duty Typhon 6S EXB. I say ”heavy duty” because the 7075 aluminum is extremely strong and with a higher survivability rate compared to a stock Typhon 6S V5.

If you’re looking for a race/track car, the Typhon TLR is a no brainer, especially since it’s a Team Durango DEX8 chassis - a racing chassis.

The dog bone friction is immaterial is a non-issue in racing as you mentioned.
Thank you sir!
So Good to hear!!

If it’s more durable than my Typhon v5 I’ll be happy..the V5 is a tank!!

In my opinion the quality of the shocks and parts are much better on the Hobao . From my understanding TLR had nothing to do with the build other then using the TLR branding
You’re right that TLR had nothing to do with the design of the Typhon TLR (just HH marketing gimmick), but that doesn’t mean that it’s not a better race car (we’re talking out of the box roller) since it‘s pretty much a TD DEX8, which is a proven racing chassis.

The VS2 sounds amazing, don’t get me wrong as it’s great for this market segment and the hobby, but the Typhon TLR just comes from a solid framework for racing rather than bashing.

I never checked or rebuilt the VS2 shocks so I can’t comment, but the Typhon TLR shocks are nice with the machined pistons and parts options, but the rest could be better, I agree.

As for which would be a better basher, by your account, it sounds like the VS2 would be a better basher as the ”parts are much better”.

You’re right that TLR had nothing to do with the design of the Typhon TLR (just HH marketing gimmick), but that doesn’t mean that it’s not a better race car (we’re talking out of the box roller) since it‘s pretty much a TD DEX8, which is a proven racing chassis.

The VS2 sounds amazing, don’t get me wrong as it’s great for this market segment and the hobby, but the Typhon TLR just comes from a solid framework for racing rather than bashing.

I never checked or rebuilt the VS2 shocks so I can’t comment, but the Typhon TLR shocks are nice with the machined pistons and parts options, but the rest could be better, I agree.

As for which would be a better basher, by your account, it sounds like the VS2 would be a better basher as the ”parts are much better”.
I’ hear what you’re saying , me personally I would rather bash with a TLR typhon out of the 2 of them and put the Hoboa on the track just personally. You make a lot of great points . I’ve just seen my brother take his TLR to RC madness track and it doesn’t perform well at all and I seen The Hoboas do much better . I’ve drivin both and it’s just a preference for me . I love bashing with Arrmas was kind of my point . Both rigs are nice . Cost wise you’ll save on the Hoboa with out giving up to much quality you get Hobbywing VS spectrum and the Hoboa weighs less

I’ hear what you’re saying , me personally I would rather bash with a TLR typhon out of the 2 of them and put the Hoboa on the track just personally. You make a lot of great points . I’ve just seen my brother take his TLR to RC madness track and it doesn’t perform well at all and I seen The Hoboas do much better . I’ve drivin both and it’s just a preference for me . I love bashing with Arrmas was kind of my point . Both rigs are nice . Cost wise you’ll save on the Hoboa with out giving up to much quality you get Hobbywing VS spectrum and the Hoboa weighs less
Man! Now I want to pick one up for myself and mess around with it haha.

I think both rollers weigh close to the same.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back