Mojave To AVC or not to AVC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

murgas1

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave 4s
I just got a Losi Lasernut and really enjoy playing with it although a bit more timid with it as it’s no Arrma Mojave. Didn’t notice the AVC until a few battery packs( thought my driving was awesome). Question I have is does anyone think adding AVC receiver to Arrma Mojave 4S an interesting idea? I already have it set up with a DC5 Rugged so AVC is available. Just a question. Thanks

It really just depends on your preference, or lack thereof, for what AVC does. It's handy for driving but not so much for stunting.

Nice feature. Could always use additional help with my rc driving. Hoping for an upgrade, AVC with anti-collision detection.

When it first came out I was all for it. Now that I'm a much better driver I view it as death to the trucks handling. My recommendation is to install it and take your truck for a drive. If you like it, good. If you don't like the AVC turn it off or uninstall it. Try everything and keep what works for you.

Normally I pass on the AVC but it is nice on some rigs. Especially if you can't quite dial in the suspension or handling for what ever the reason. My BRCC gets loose in the rear and just a small amount of avc helps correct the spin outs. Mojave can have a tendancy to roll over in high traction surfaces. Maybe it would help with that.....not sure. In most cases I don't see much use for it.

I only use AVC on my on road fast vehicles like my Infraction. To drive around fast on the dirt with my off road vehicles, I turn that off personally 👍

I favor going for it to see how it feels to you. The only advice I tend to share is to take some time to get the 3 AVC settings right. It is not a plug-and-play or turn a knob, and it is done.

I have it in all my basher rigs and on my spreadsheet file for the AVC setting for each rig; they are not the same. For each rig, tire, diff, bashing surface, etc., the correct AVC setting has to be found. It takes a little time and work, which I think is a negative, and not many speak about doing it.

Good luck (y)

Brought my DX5 and truck in to work on avc setup today. Any insight on settings as this is first run with DX5 setup. Was going to try setting up Losi on DX5 to test and both rigs are similar in being 4S, 4 wheels drive similar speeds etc. wheel and tire size a bit different though.

I like the avc in my kraton exb with the dx3

Brought my DX5 and truck in to work on avc setup today. Any insight on settings as this is first run with DX5 setup. Was going to try setting up Losi on DX5 to test and both rigs are similar in being 4S, 4 wheels drive similar speeds etc. wheel and tire size a bit different though.
Spektrum does a poor job of making video setup for the upper-end transmitters....sucks

Back