Typhon To much end play?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SenorWickedStix

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Typhon 3s
There’s a fair amount of end play in the slipper clutch assembly in the case. Maby 1mm or so. Is this normal?

BAA1F91C-75AB-4B6F-B8B1-0A441D71A395.jpeg

Yeah that's normal. Once the driveshaft is on it helps hold it back.
I added a shim on mine too take up the play though.
For sure, there is more play than you would think.

Be sure to check those bearings on the slipper though, when they are too far gone and the "side to side" play is too much, the spur can rub against the case making a fine black powder that will destroy the motor bearings.

Be sure to check those bearings on the slipper though, when they are too far gone and the "side to side" play is too much, the spur can rub against the case making a fine black powder that will destroy the motor bearings.
Exactly👍. I noticed the spur rubbing on the case on the inside edge so I put all my shims to the inside so it would get pushed towards the rear diff.

Precisely what happen today with gf's typhon. Bearing locked up and destroyed spur gear. Easy fix as I had parts.

Precisely what happen today with gf's typhon. Bearing locked up and destroyed spur gear. Easy fix as I had parts.
Request to Arrma, please up-size bearings.... We are waiting 😆

P.S. maybe design a sealed power module and stronger slipper hub as well 😀

Last edited:

Thankfully I think caught it before that happened. 🙂

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back