Tool Talk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use this one and it works ok:
https://www.amazon.com/Bernzomatic-ST250-Micro-Torch-Kit/dp/B0000CBJBQ

Got it for soldering stuff my 25w iron couldn't handle as it was the best I could find at the store. Then I ended up getting a 60w and 100w iron on amazon and I just use the bernzomatic as a torch for stuff like loosening pinions and whatnot.

On the subject of heat, can anyone recommend a good pen-style mini torch for heating up parts that isn't too expensive but also isn't crap that's possibly going to explode :D

Sometimes a soldering iron is enough heat to break free the red lock tight...and a little safer cause on rc stuff what ever you're heating there is usually plastic near what you intend to heat.

On the subject of heat, can anyone recommend a good pen-style mini torch for heating up parts that isn't too expensive but also isn't crap that's possibly going to explode :D
I'd like to have a mini torch on hand too, but the soldering iron has worked well for heating the screws enough to get them loose. Did the wheel bearings yesterday, and those hub set screws might have almost been welded in. Couple of minutes with the iron got the job done.

hmmm well you could have kept that to yourself :) it's always sad when I hear how much we get ripped off down here. After exchange rate it works out we are paying about $15 more for the same thing:mad:
Try ordering from the U.S when you live across the border in Canada. Sometimes I think ours is just Monopoly money when I see the exchange. And don't get me started about when Canada Customs thinks they need to tack on a duty for some rc/toy parts:mad:

Try ordering from the U.S when you live across the border in Canada. Sometimes I think ours is just Monopoly money when I see the exchange. And don't get me started about when Canada Customs thinks they need to tack on a duty for some rc/toy parts:mad:

Our currency rates are similar. $1 of mine buy 95c of yours

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back