TP 4040 4590kv... any experience out there?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamwins

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite Grom
  2. Outcast 4s
  3. Typhon TLR
A while back i ordered this Sensored TP motor and screwed up on the motor winding of choice.. ended up with a 4590KV- 3s motor. I thought about putting it in my outcast v2 which needs a new motor and has a MMX 6. Im having some doubts as to how it will perform tho with that heavy of a truck. Anyone have any experience with a similar sized motor and what did you find it was best suited for vehicle/esc wise? Thanks..

a

If it's a 4s outcast, it couldn't hurt to try it out if you're motivated to try and make it work. The size of the motor could slightly compensate for your high kv. Though I suspect, as alluded to above, you'll run into significant heat issues and very limited gearing issues (if you can even find appropriate gearing). That setup would lack low end torque.

Otherwise, might be best to cut your losses and maybe save the motor for a speedrun project later down the road.

If it's a 4s outcast, it couldn't hurt to try it out if you're motivated to try and make it work. The size of the motor could slightly compensate for your high kv. Though I suspect, as alluded to above, you'll run into significant heat issues and very limited gearing issues (if you can even find appropriate gearing). That setup would lack low end torque.

Otherwise, might be best to cut your losses and maybe save the motor for a speedrun project later down the road.
I thought about trying 12.0 to 15.0 ratio (50t and 12t spur and pinion) to try and get in that low end but I agree may need to cut some losses or reinvest as I like to see it. Hell I wonder if my stock 6s motor and esc I took out of my typhon TLR would fit in there decently? Hmm 🤔

Yeah, that’s a really high KV for a 1/8 basher rig. If you were into road cars it might make an absolute screamer on 3s in a Vendetta for speed runs.
Thats a great idea. A vendetta. I’m on it.

The Infraction 3s has the same chassis as the Vendetta if you can’t find a Vendetta. I have an Infraction 3s that is set up with a Castle Copperhead 10 SCT 3900kv system and I can run 4s.

Back