TP 4060 1350kv

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Logan's_Rcs

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was wondering if any of you have used a TP 4060 1350kv motor before, and if so, what your experiences were with it. I'm currently looking for a slight upgrade to my castle 1520, just a little more power, and cooler temps without too much weight increase. I am going to send my current 1520 back into castle, just because of how quickly it heats up, and hopefully they can help me find a solution. However, I am curious about other brands of motors, and would love something to get me 60+mph, and be able to stay in the 130s after a full pack without the use of fans. Trying to get a good solution for summer temps next year!

Thank you!

Check with @Moirae...he's the resident TP motor expert on the forum as he's had or used just about every TP variant. I've had a few TPs and my experience has been they're better for on road use. They can heat up pretty quick using them for off road bashing. Best to add fans if you plan on going off road but with that KV you might get good results...tons of torque and power. The 4060 is a nice size can too (92mm I think) so that'll help too. If you can squeeze one of the big blocks (54,56,or 58 size) in that KV or even lower you should be good too.

I doubt you’d notice a power difference between 1520 and 4060.

Maybe check out the 4070 1700kv.

P.S. this is for an MT410 right? For what it’s worth, I am extremely happy with the 1520 in my MT410. I’ve tried a few different 4S and 6S setups and the 1520 on 4S is my favorite.

I doubt you’d notice a power difference between 1520 and 4060.

Maybe check out the 4070 1700kv.

P.S. this is for an MT410 right? For what it’s worth, I am extremely happy with the 1520 in my MT410. I’ve tried a few different 4S and 6S setups and the 1520 on 4S is my favorite.
Yeah, im running my 1520 on 6s, and it still gets too hot. Maybe in expecting too much, others have told me they have geared their 1520s for 70mph offroad, full throttle the whole pack and finished with the motor at 100 degrees. I just haven't had that experience

Yeah, im running my 1520 on 6s, and it still gets too hot. Maybe in expecting too much, others have told me they have geared their 1520s for 70mph offroad, full throttle the whole pack and finished with the motor at 100 degrees. I just haven't had that experience
Those people are lying.

I run 1520 on 4S geared for mid 50s and it’s f’n awesome. Easy quadruple backflips. I’ve tried 6S and geared higher before and didn’t like either one in this truck.

Those people are lying.

I run 1520 on 4S geared for mid 50s and it’s f’n awesome. Easy quadruple backflips. I’ve tried 6S and geared higher before and didn’t like either one in this truck.
What kinds of temps do you usually get?

What kinds of temps do you usually get?
Here's my log from last week. Outside temp was 40F. Motor has a fan. 24T pinion.

1699388263787.png

Last edited:
Would a HW 4985 fit this rig?
I know that is the goto motor for 6s rigs that want big power and stay cool.

At any rate lage can and something around that same 1650kv is likely a sweet spot.

Have you ever measured your topspeed? And do you drive at constantly at topspeed?
Like @dure I also run a 6S basher on 4S. Optimized for my usage, not for some arbitrary topspeed. (No judgement just guessing)
Have you taken ballooning in account for your ? (assuming stock tires)

Will it really go slower when you gear it down some? It will certainly run cooler and more aggressive (and maybe more fun?)

Have you ever measured your topspeed? And do you drive at constantly at topspeed?
Like @dure I also run a 6S basher on 4S. Optimized for my usage, not for some arbitrary topspeed. (No judgement just guessing)
Have you taken ballooning in account for your ? (assuming stock tires)

Will it really go slower when you gear it down some? It will certainly run cooler and more aggressive (and maybe more fun?)
Not entirely sure, my goal was at least 60mph, anything under that feels slow to me... ill play around with more gearing, and probably send this motor back to castle

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back